How many of yall cut your lights off all together the last week??

• Thread starter KING_KONG_KOLAS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Who all cuts their lights off all together the last week or two of flowering?
I read somwhere that doing this and feeding the plants cold water will keep the flowers from regrowth and stresses the plant into giving up its last drop of ressin to protect the bud. Anyone do this or know if it works?

N

nor cali farmer

folklore my friend. yes cold water can shock a plant but it comes out of it. peace thc joe

M

Malachi

i give mine like 48 hours of darkness just to eliminate chloryphyl

M

mrdizzle

I read that thread over at IC mag. Ive told this story many times, but I used to run 4x8 tables of bubba, a very resinous plant by itself. While harvesting a plant must have fell off the back of the table. I didnt notice it until around a 5days later when I was cleaning the room and found the plant. The bud was extremely more resinous than the other plants, which were very caked in resin themselves, And im not talking a little bit, Im talking night and day difference. they looked like they were rolled in keif, then rolled again, and then again for good measure. The smell was much much stronger as well. I never knew why it happend until I read that thread on IC mag about the 5days of darkness.

I have nevre met only one who has actually tried it, only people who say it wont work(without trying it for themselves) and these people usually refer to the 2days of darkness, not 5 so i dont really understand the comparison.

So I do think there is something behind this theory, I actually tried to do it my last harvest but the casey I had was popping nanners so i scrapped the idea after 3days. I think im going to try it again with my masterkush which is a very stable strain. stressed plants do create more resin, check out the crystals on a plant covered in spidermites

I would love to see someone actually test the theory

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Yea I have tried the 2-3 day thing. Couldnt tell that much of a difference. Im wanting to try to 1-2 wk of darkness. However I have several differnt varieties that finish at differnt times so this is impossible for me considering I dont have xtra dark rooms to try in. Thinking of just sticking one tree of each strain in the closet the last 2 wks. for a trial run to see how much truth there is to this folklore.

C

chickenn

voodoo bullshit.

if you don't have it by harvest, cold water, and light deprivation isn't gonna get it done either.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I let some go in the dark until the soil and the plant were all dry. Took about 12 days or so. I felt like it was too long to wait because the buds too dry and crumbly...the plant went in dry and rootbound and my humidity is low.. I also let two plants go for a 2 day dark period ..one went in dry and wilting the other was water flushed. I didn't see any difference. I put my last lil group in the dark for for 4 days some five days because I Got lazy and ended up finishing up the next day. These were tastier and seemed frostier then normal. Best purps I ever put out. I just did this about two weeks ago.

I think it might differ between strains because I noticed more difference with my purps and Bubbleberry than the spacedawg and Burmese...Def worth trying. I think the resin heads could possibly be getting bigger. I want a micro camera so I can document my results. It would be cool to take trich picts from week 5 till week 10 or longer. Then test these dark period experiments and document it with picts.

Also, is it better than just leaving lights on 4 more days before the chop???

I am looking for a deal on one of these cameras.....

M

mrdizzle

voodoo bullshit.

if you don't have it by harvest, cold water, and light deprivation isn't gonna get it done either.

I can assume you have tried 5days, not 2, and are not just talking out your ass?

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Heres my secret.....i just piss all over my plants, 5 days from harvest just spray them bitches, under the leaves for sure. Now smear some crap on the pot and stem and there ya go, frostiest nugs youll ever have, LMAO. Adding a couple dark days at the end will help shorten your drying times, not really a trick to add resin. If you want frostier buds add more carbs to your lineup, an treat em nice. Where growing plants not beating sex slaves.

Otoe

G

greenthumbbumb

Heres my secret.....i just piss all over my plants, 5 days from harvest just spray them bitches, under the leaves for sure. Now smear some crap on the pot and stem and there ya go, frostiest nugs youll ever have, LMAO. Adding a couple dark days at the end will help shorten your drying times, not really a trick to add resin. If you want frostier buds add more carbs to your lineup, an treat em nice. Where growing plants not beating sex slaves.

Otoe

How does a couple days of dark shorten the drying time? Not watering them towards the end will help dry out faster but i dont think dark has anything to do with drying. Couple days of dark is supposed to break down extra chlorophyll but i dont know if a week is necessary, only 1 way to find out.

F

Foxfarmfreak

yup, now i'm LMAO, that was a great way to put it....Peace FFF

F

Foxfarmfreak

I just looked and It's in an article in HIGH TIMES, he keeps em in the dark and feeds em ice water for 5 to 7 days.....calls it quick ripening or something like that.....
Peace FFF

hubcap

hubcap

high times is best used as a toilet paper suppliment.
can't believe it turned into such a rag.....literally.

-cap

sedate

sedate

mrdizzle said:
check out the crystals on a plant covered in spidermites

Your experience with spidermites is not mine chief - they eat plants alive!

Dirty White Boy said:
Heres my secret.....i just piss all over my plants, 5 days from harvest just spray them bitches, under the leaves for sure. Now smear some crap on the pot and stem and there ya go, frostiest nugs youll ever have, LMAO.

ROFL.

hubcap said:

I haven't picked one up in sometime - I recall it really turning into a pos.

T

TIME2UNITE

i give mine like 48 hours of darkness just to eliminate chloryphyl

Ding Ding, we have a winner!! :anim_19:

Giving a plant a few days of dark forces it to use up the remaining chlorophyll.

It also make the plant knows its days are numbered, in some cases I've definitely seen more frost production maybe because the plant is trying to protect itself or something.

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't (added frost) but it always uses up the remaining Chlorophyll so your buds will taste better quicker. Buds don't taste the greatest until the Chlorophyll is gone.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

Thats what flushing is for. If theres food left in the plant it needs light in order to use it up? Plants left in the dark dry out shrivel up and die? Maybe the calyxs themselves arnt as swollen from not trying to swell, with water and grow cause the lights have been off, giving the appearance of larger more abundant trichs. One fact is leaving a plant in the dark for a couple days shortens drying times by a bit. I did use to think it added "something" now i just cant tell, i just know it drys em out a bit.

Otoe

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter

Funny stuff. I am about to give in and get one just for the Cali Connection ad. Not good enough to wipe my ass with though!

-cap

How does a couple days of dark shorten the drying time? Not watering them towards the end will help dry out faster but i dont think dark has anything to do with drying. Couple days of dark is supposed to break down extra chlorophyll but i dont know if a week is necessary, only 1 way to find out.

I will be doing a side by side taste test on 2 days dark, 5 days dark and no days dark. Last time I didn't chop any to test against or look at with a scope to compare. So far I have found a taste difference and I don't need to do any more testing in that area....lol...I tested the heck of it!! but no increase in resin production. At least not to the naked eye! No more bag appeal or anything!

Overall if there is any difference in resin I can't see it or tell. Here are some picts. Purps rolled in kief and one not. There is absolutely no way I can ever see anything like this happening under any circumstance other than rolling it in Kief!

Not Rolled in Kief. 5 days Dark period.

DSC00014.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

Rolled in Kief after 5 days dark period.

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

Been fun testing on my little 1 gal girls. Couldn't imagine testing any theories on 4lbs trees though.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Some good points DWB. The ones that had sat in the dark did dry slightly faster! Weird. I did try the piss too....lol really pissed in the medium a week before harvest and gave it to a dude that I didn't care for much! eewww glad I'm all grown up now....lmfao.

In the end I would never waste any valuable time doing this stuff. For fun and my own stash maybe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom