how many plants ideal for a 4.5x2.5 flower room?

• Thread starter PokaToka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PokaToka

my flower room is 4.5x2.5 like 11sqft. i have a 600 watt lamp. What do u guys think is the ideal number of plants for this space considering yield and all that good stuff. neone flowering in a similar space. i will flowering the original cheese plant. thanks growers smoke smooth n easy

Lowman

Lowman

I would say scrog the shit out of one plant for the highest yield in such a small area.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I agree with the scrog idea.

But the largest yields I have ever had were done SOG style.

Bannacis

Bannacis

yeah scrog and super crop. 1 or 2 use a large wide pot. the wider the better

bobby

bobby

I think 1 plant per square foot is the best, with a 2-4 week veg time, depending on the strain and your growing skills.

In your space with 11 plants, you should be able to easily get 20 ounces...atleast 1.25 lbs.

P

PokaToka

I would say scrog the shit out of one plant for the highest yield in such a small area.
I agree with the scrog idea.

But the largest yields I have ever had were done SOG style.
1 or 2 scrog plants wud b sweet ina space like that
thanks for the scrog idea guys.im looking for something to build it out of. like some rectangular 2"by1" wire? does home depot have stuff like that?ive havent found any really ideal.

P

PokaToka

yeah scrog and super crop. 1 or 2 use a large wide pot. the wider the better
thanks man. i never rly thought that u could scrog and supercrop at the same time, never rly thought about it i guess. can u elaberate?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Well, if you know anything about super cropping, or LST (low stress training) you roll the branches between your thumb and finger to kinda soften it up, so you can bend it to where you want it.
that way when you have the screen in place you can maneuver your tops to its own square in the screen.
the super cropping will also make the stems stronger and bigger. there are many styles diff people super crop, some just pop the branch over severe, some from an early age, will do the rolling and bending and(and even go as far as snapping the inner hurd) also tieing the branches down. it will slow your plant down cause it will have to heal, but it prepares her for flowering. do not supper crop once flower starts, but you can still slightly bend the branches to get the tops to were you want them (the first 2 weeks only)
The canopy also grows as wide or slightly wider as it root base. so if you have a wider pot than deep, it will benefit the supper cropping and scrog.
Have you seen the way they do the raised beds (outdoor) where it looks like its about a foot and half tall, but 10 feet diameter? The plant is a big ass bush. supper cropping/tie down.....bam!

I do the supper cropping, tie down, and topping or fin on my vegers, spreads her out, get nice healthy clones and then flower... works killer.

If you cant find the right screen, you can make a wood frame, and use nails spaced about 2 inches apart, then just weave some twine back and forth and across. its light weight. you can make stands to hold it up or you can hang it from ceiling... good luck poka.;)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Like the others said, a scrog would be the best for your space and light IMO, but, you technically don't need a screen above your plants to make your canopy even, I have an almost perfect even canopy without any screen, I just topped at around the 4th-5th node, defoliated the bottom so only the top 4 main branches grew out, tied them down so they grow almost horizontally, and as the plants grows just tie the branches as they need to keep them even, if you have to Top a couple branches here and there thats fine. Let me show you a picture of how my plant looks.

Canopy 1

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^Thats how my plant looked in its 3rd-4th week of flower, now I'm not saying don't scrog, I'm just telling you that if its too much trouble for you to make a screen then you can still get a nice even canopy without doing an actual scrog. The reason I didn't use a screen is because I have my bucket in another bucked to catch runoff, so if I did a scrog it would be very difficult for me to take all the branches out of the screen, empty the runoff, then put them all back in the same spot, imagine me doing that 3-4 times a week. So if you have your room setup where you don't have to move your plants, then a scrog would be a great idea, but, if your like me and you have to move your plants to empty runoff or for something else, then its not a good idea to use a screen because you don't want to go through the trouble of moving every single branch out of the holes then you have to put them all back in the same spot.

So either scrog or do what I did, and I think 2 plants would be perfect for the size of your space, I would veg for 3-5 wks, depending on strain, just make sure you don't veg too long because during the bloom stretch they can easily overcrowd that space.

As for the sog technique that someone said use 1 plant per sq.ft., I wouldn't recommend doing it the way he said, "veg for 2-4 wks", I would veg 2 weeks MAX and that technique is alot more effective when growing with clones. He also said you can easily get over a lb., well, thats true only if you got the right strain, all your other factors are dialed in and your using clones and there in hydro, not soil. If you are using soil and growing from seeds, then the scrog, or topping and tieing the way I do, would be your best bet, not sog.

Give us a lil more info on your setup so we can help you make the right decision, but only if you didn't started already, good luck.

P

PokaToka

thanks all u guys, so much good info there. the scrog idea would be best for me right now becuz i only have a few plants (all from seed) . and i only plan only flowering one right now once i get some clones. shes been veg about a month.i had just set up a screen a couple of days ago.and i have been planning on her spreading through the screen kinda automatic like a couple of scrogs i seen on here.Thanks to Bannacis for pointing out to me that i could supercrop and train around the screen, so i was thinking of doing that. And now im kinda thinking my screen is ragedy anyway and i should just do what lex says. AWEsome plant lex really pretty. i got like 4 or so tops on her now i think so it wouldnt rly be hard to bush her outl. right?

Once i get some clones off these new ones (new to me) i am going to do the sog. in there with 11 plants.maybe not even sog. i had been wondering what a good number would be for there and i like the plant per sq foot idea. ill try to get on tmr and post a pic to show u what im wrking with. Thanks For the input all

Bannacis

Bannacis

Nice lady there lex, yeah lex is right on there too, just tying down your branches works awesome. cause sometime the screen can be cumbersome.
you could actually get one plant to fill your grow space by supper cropping and tying down.
If you have her flowering now, just bend and tie carefully, you don't want to mess with her too much, only first 2 weeks in flower.
cool beans.

P

PokaToka

thanks for the idea guys. i dont know wat i was talkin about when i said she had 4 tops. shes got 7 with possibly 4+ more. Yea i just flipped yesterday. i havent ever rly done much tyin down so thats what im gonna do prolly without the screen not sure. thanks for ideas. love all the knowledge here.

P

PokaToka

Like the others said, a scrog would be the best for your space and light IMO, but, you technically don't need a screen above your plants to make your canopy even, I have an almost perfect even canopy without any screen, I just topped at around the 4th-5th node, defoliated the bottom so only the top 4 main branches grew out, tied them down so they grow almost horizontally, and as the plants grows just tie the branches as they need to keep them even, if you have to Top a couple branches here and there thats fine. Let me show you a picture of how my plant looks.

View attachment 233423
thanks for the input.ur area looks similar to mine. what do u do for smell? dosent it make ur whole place smell like skunk toward the end?

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

thanks for the input.ur area looks similar to mine. what do u do for smell? dosent it make ur whole place smell like skunk toward the end?

I actually keep my bedroom door closed and I put air fresheners throughout my entire house, including my bedroom and I also spray Lysol through my house atleast once a day. I don't allow people to come to my house often, but when someone does come I spray the shit outta my house and it always works. The reason why this works for me is because I only have 1 plant, now I'm actually moving in a couple months and I'm gonna start growing 4 at a time so I'm definately gonna get a growtent and carbon filter. Oh yeah, it does smell, but only in my bedroom.

P

PokaToka

kool dude thanks. i know mine was rinkin with a 250w before. so i been wondering. I think it was traveling through my vents and wen the ac would kick on it would blow it through the house. I think a back-draft damper might fix this, im looking into it.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

kool dude thanks. i know mine was rinkin with a 250w before. so i been wondering. I think it was traveling through my vents and wen the ac would kick on it would blow it through the house. I think a back-draft damper might fix this, im looking into it.

I don't have central cooling, so luckily I don't have that problem. I think thats why the smell isn't going thru my house because I don't have any vents and I need to use window a/c units for cooling. I grew up in Florida where almost every house has central a/c and the vents would definately carry smells through out the house, carbon filter and fan would easily fix it.

Top Bottom