how many plants in my grow tent

• Thread starter wambam123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wambam123

wambam123

i have recently purchced a grow tent 1.2x1.2x2.0 and i am going to grow train wreck from ghs.this will be my 1st grow in a tent and i am looking to find out how many plants i could fit in.

F

FastForward

It depends on the style of grow imho.... i've got some TW in now and I think BH said they don't grow too high. If you're not planning on high density growing style like SOG or SCROG then it's mostly going to depend on how long you veg them for. I'm guessing, but I reckon you could probably get 9 in there (3 rows of 3) if you didn't veg them for too long. I've got 4 big plants in a 1.2 atm and there's not much space for anything else. My next grow will veg for less time and aim to get 4-6 decent plants in that space. Hope this helps.

wambam123

wambam123

how long veg

how long do u think i should veg them for about 3 weeks on 18/6.what size pot do you use for veg and budding?

F

FastForward

I start mine out in small 2" pots, then goto 13cm pots (1l I think), then 6.5 then 11. This is my first go though....and I overdid vegging by weeks. I reckon 4-5 weeks from seed would be good enough before starting flower (about 12" tall i'n the 13cm pots) and that;s what I plan to do next run.

wambam123

wambam123

sorry to be a bug

thanks for the info fastforward.i will be using coco soil to grow in and canna nutrients.could you let me know how often to water and how much.this ismy first grow in my grow tent so im a bit new to all this.thanks mate.

F

FastForward

I hate to say it buddy but RTFM :) The GrowFAQ has all these questions really well covered....skin up, spend an hour or two reading and knowledge will be yours :)

Water coco daily...btw..with runoff...all in the faq...:cool

wambam123

wambam123

sorry fast forward.

from what i have read so far about watering is to use 30% perlite with my coco and i could go up to 2 days without feeding.so i think i might go with daily feeding,the problem i carnt work out is how much to feed then with say for instance i grow with 12cm pots for budding how much feed would you give them,i am thinking about 1 litre.

R

Ronin

You do not want to transplant 3 times.That is way too much extra stress on the plants and unnecessary work for you. Really, a pot plant does not need 4 different size planters in its short life span.

Put them in small pots once thy germinate and transplant once to the pots you are going to bud in, usually a week before you turn the lights back. It will depend on the strain.

U

ukcheesehead

You do not want to transplant 3 times.That is way too much extra stress on the plants and unnecessary work for you. Really, a pot plant does not need 4 different size planters in its short life span.

Put them in small pots once thy germinate and transplant once to the pots you are going to bud in, usually a week before you turn the lights back. It will depend on the strain.

i disagree ronin , when you pot up each time u make a strong healthy root ball remember heathy root heathy plants . i allways pot up 3 times 10cm pots 3.6 ltr pots then into final pots 11ltr

(my 2 cents )

U

ukcheesehead

from what i have read so far about watering is to use 30% perlite with my coco and i could go up to 2 days without feeding.so i think i might go with daily feeding,the problem i carnt work out is how much to feed then with say for instance i grow with 12cm pots for budding how much feed would you give them,i am thinking about 1 litre.

im on my 2nd coco grow (no perlite ) just canna coco i water and feed 7 days aweek if u are starting seeds off i would reconment to start them in soil for the first 3 weeks in small 10cm pots then repot in coco
as ive found its hard to start seedling of in coco . what ec to give them im giving my seedlings ec 0.8 sofar so good with a ph of 5.5 .. next time i will start in soil loads easyer ... look in my diary it will show how much to water n feed

F

FastForward

Yep - I'm with Cheese on the repot. I've been told that getting them a bit rootbound is good because it helps to fill out the entire pot when potted up.

Also if you're working with lots of seeds and you don't know gender most people don;'t have the luxury of space to put everything straight into big 6.5l pots....

R

Ronin

Then we agree to disagree. I repot twice when running clones. I usually go from paper towels to half gallon to big pot a week before going to flower room but sometimes start in cups before the half gallon if growing a ton.

I can't make any sense of using 4 different size pots in a 4 month, give or take, life cycle.

edit - especially with organics. You want them to go into their final home asap so the organics have time to break down.

S

Stackin Paper

Then we agree to disagree. I repot twice when running clones. I usually go from paper towels to half gallon to big pot a week before going to flower room but sometimes start in cups before the half gallon if growing a ton.

I can't make any sense of using 4 different size pots in a 4 month, give or take, life cycle.

edit - especially with organics. You want them to go into their final home asap so the organics have time to break down.

Not 4 times buddy, 3!

Alot of us do it and i think FF made a good point about the space issue when planting out lots of beans, plus you ain't wasting as much dirt if they don't pop up.

R

Ronin

I start mine out in small 2" pots, then goto 13cm pots (1l I think), then 6.5 then 11.

That is 4 different size pots.

To each their own but that is too much for me. If you don't do organics I guess it isn't as big of a deal. If you have a lot of organics in your soil they won't break down that fast.

U

ukcheesehead

That is 4 different size pots.

To each their own but that is too much for me. If you don't do organics I guess it isn't as big of a deal. If you have a lot of organics in your soil they won't break down that fast.

i used to grow organicly and allways potted up 3 times so the plant has enoght nutes from the soil to grow big and strong in veg . all was had a very healthy root ball to repotting 3 times and very good yeilds .

R

Ronin

Okay, I said in two posts here I will use 3 size containers when I have a lot plants going. I stand by 4 sizes is excessive, especially for a short flowering indica. I also stand by a lot of the the organics will not break down.

To each there own but the guy is a new grower. I think telling him to have 4 stages of pots is getting him started with an unnecessary habit.

Three is plenty from seed to bloom. Two is better, in my opinion, if you have the space. Let the roots get to their max as fast as possible so the plants can worry about what is going on up top.

Now, if you can show me controlled grows where re-potting more frequently is beneficial I will reconsider.

R

Ronin

Another thought-

If you are tight on space you may want to consider investing in square pots. You can fit a lot more in a space than like size round ones.

wambam123

wambam123

feeding

think ill go with the 3 potting,10cm,3.6ltr,and 11ltr for budding.uk cheesehead really struggling on how much to feed the plants im using coco and perlite about 20%.dont really want to be feeding every day if i have got about 9 plants in my grow tent.the perlite holds water doesnt it but not sure how much.thanks mate.:yes

F

FastForward

How often you water your plants will also be heavily influenced by the size of the pot and your room temps, although in flower they drink lots anyway (e.g. my 11l plants are drinking about 3l a day).....but smaller pots in a hot enviroment will need > daily watering, especially some strains (e.g. my afghan drinks twice as much as a MMGxG13 in the same pots and timescale).

edit: I'm finding watering a massive pain in the ass (esp. with the fucked up foot/ankle) - am going to be trying out dripping to waste as soon as I'm able.

Top Bottom