How many plants per closet with 400 w HID ?

• Thread starter Green buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green buddy

Green buddy

Hello, first time grower here. I have 3 clones in my closet 24 hours now. Picking up 2 more plants tomorrow. Does this pic look like there is room for 2 more plants ? What number of plants will be considered Overkill in my case ? Thanks. Have a great day ! Happy growing !

How many plants per closet with 400 w hid
Dunge

Dunge

I burn 400 W HPS lamps in my space.
It's more about creating a solid canopy.
Two more plants should be no problem.
Don't veg them too big so the pots can stay closely spaced.
Top once.
Trim away anything below light penetration.
Keep your RH between 50 & 60%
Should grow nice big buds.

S

ssteely71

You will find that alot of the experienced indoor growers recommend 100w minimum per plant. I myself run about 75w per plant, but I would not recommend going much lower or you will have slow growth and longer flowering times. Best of luck!

Green buddy

Green buddy

Sweet !! All points and Tips noted. Thanks for your valuable input guys - Will post an update in a few weeks.

its all relative to what ur growing.what strain(s) are you growing out? if ur growing indicas or indie dom, u should b alright.

urban1026835

urban1026835

i used to try and stay around 4 ladies with about 4 week veg time when i ran a 400. any more i had to cut back on veg or i would overgrow the footprint of the light..

Green buddy

Green buddy

i used to try and stay around 4 ladies with about 4 week veg time when i ran a 400. any more i had to cut back on veg or i would overgrow the footprint of the light..

Cool, I ll aim for 4; Too tempted to get 5 though :) May be ill try the next two plans in a lil smaller sized pot and work on training them to grow short and wide.

straincreation

straincreation

I did 8 under a 600w in this space, i think 5 should be tits under a 400w. Jet a good hood with a nice sread in it and lolli nice and tight, your good. BOL!
Happy farmin;)

Green buddy

Green buddy

I did 8 under a 600w in this space, i think 5 should be tits under a 400w. Jet a good hood with a nice sread in it and lolli nice and tight, your good. BOL!
Happy farmin;)
I ended up with 7 total. I put a few extra lights to cover 2. So my 400 is kissing 5 plants good. Will post a pic on how they are doing in week 2 of bud.

Top Bottom