How many plants should I grow in 2x4x5

• Thread starter CurtsCanbus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CurtsCanbus

Wondering how many plants I should do in a 2x4x5 tent? My goal is to harvest every 2 weeks. I have 3 150watt viparspectras. Im only wanting max of 2oz per plant, so they dont need to be massive. I have 1 gallon pots and 3 gallon pots. Im thinking I can put at least 6 in the tent 3gal, maybe 8 1gal, since I would have them at all different stages. May need a 4th light if I do 8 plants. Maybe someome has tips on flowering in the same tent with plants at different stages of the flowering. This is why I went with multiple smaller lights, so I can have them at different hights. Is this a bad idea, good idea? Im not new to growing, but I'm no guru, so any helpful knowledge is appreciated.
This picture attached is a bag seed I found and grew in a 1 gallon milk jug. It seems it was a sativa from how tall it got. Again, I wasn't shooting for pou ds and only veg'd for maybe 2 weeks and this is what I got.

I have all indica seeds going forward. I also have 9 autoflowers that Im going to try out. How many autoflowers do you think I could put in the 2x4x5?

P.s. using coco coir/perlite mix, not sure if that info matters or not.

How many plants should i grow in 2x4x5
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
My goal is to harvest every 2 weeks.
That should be interesting. Plants tend to follow their schedule, not ours.

Maybe someome has tips on flowering in the same tent with plants at different stages of the flowering. This is why I went with multiple smaller lights, so I can have them at different hights. Is this a bad idea, good idea?
If you're only using one tent, they'll have to be auto-flowering plants. What type of lights are you using?

IDK if it's a bad idea. Probably not, but one problem I've had with multiple lights is the crossover between the lights. Plants in between tend to burn. I found it difficult to account for that, but TBH I didn't think of it as being a problem until after the grow was done.

How many autoflowers do you think I could put in the 2x4x5?
My guess is that it will be determined by the size of the pots. One pot per square foot would fit in your eight square feet of floor space. I've never grown autos, but I understand it's not recommended to prune them, so they won't grow very wide.

P.s. using coco coir/perlite mix, not sure if that info matters or not.
You'll be doing a lot of watering. What will you have under the pots to collect the runoff? Saucers add to the amount of floor space needed. For eight plants, the floor space per plant can't be greater than 12 inches by 12 inches.

C

CurtsCanbus

Sorry, left off that I have a separate tent for my mother/clones. As far as harvesting every 2 weeks, there may be a week difference give or take as they are on their own schedule, but it's pretty easy to dial in the timing if you know the strain. I figure to put a plant in the tent every two weeks, which should be about 6 plants total by the end of oldest flowering.
Not sure who commented about having multiple lights, but I did not think about the lights burning the older flowers since the newer plants will have the light closer, but the temperature touching the lights doesn't get hot at all. Plus, the tent will stay relatively cold considering I keep the house cold, so not sure if I'll need to worry about light burn, but I'll keep an eye out, thanks for the heads up! This is the type of tips Im looking for. I know traditional people don't grow a 2 week old flowering with a 8week old flowering, and that's the info Im looking for.

Saucers are 10 inch for both the 1gal and 3gal pots I have.

As far as watering frequently goes, it's my hobby, so I enjoy hanging out with them often.

I think autoflowers are the best option for what Im going for. I've never grown them and it seems like you dont really control how big they get, considering I cant clone them and only veg them for 2 weeks and switch them to flower.

Again, 3 150 watt viparspectras LEDs.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Sorry, left off that I have a separate tent for my mother/clones.
Auto-flowering plants can't be cloned, AFAIK.

Not sure who commented about having multiple lights, but I did not think about the lights burning the older flowers since the newer plants will have the light closer, but the temperature touching the lights doesn't get hot at all.
That was me. I've never been convinced LED light stress/burn is caused by heat. I think it's caused by the light radiation. I've checked leaf temperatures, and they never get hot enough to burn, but they do burn.

Saucers are 10 inch for both the 1gal and 3gal pots I have.
That should work.

As far as watering frequently goes, it's my hobby, so I enjoy hanging out with them often.
Understood. I check my plants far more often than is necessary.

I think autoflowers are the best option for what Im going for. I've never grown them and it seems like you dont really control how big they get, considering I cant clone them and only veg them for 2 weeks and switch them to flower.
Something I know about autos is they aren't switched (flipped) to flowering. They do it on their own genetically determined schedule. I also understand that they can't be cloned because the clones will be the same age as the mother plant, which is also on its own genetically determined schedule. So, I think you'll have to start all your plants from seeds.

C

CurtsCanbus

Auto-flowering plants can't be cloned, AFAIK.

That was me. I've never been convinced LED light stress/burn is caused by heat. I think it's caused by the light radiation. I've checked leaf temperatures, and they never get hot enough to burn, but they do burn.

That should work.

Understood. I check my plants far more often than is necessary.

Something I know about autos is they aren't switched (flipped) to flowering. They do it on their own genetically determined schedule. I also understand that they can't be cloned because the clones will be the same age as the mother plant, which is also on its own genetically determined schedule. So, I think you'll have to start all your plants from

C

CurtsCanbus

My bad. I realized you were the same person after I responded. New to doing threads. First one ever.

I did not think about radiation from the LED's! That seems spot on for any burn. Maybe I can angle the lights in different directions. I'll play with this when the time comes.

I was going to do the auto's from seed every time. Tried to get strains that are relatively close in genetics.

Seems like I can do 6 plants safely of autoflowers only in a 2x4x5 or,
8 plants of photoperiods only, since I can flip them from veg super early and keep them small.

O

OhRose

I have 1 plant filling a 2x4x6, with enough space for a little autoflower in the corner. At 3 weeks in, it's a bit bare, but that's because I had it squeezed into a corner until a few days ago, it'll fill in over the next 9 weeks. It would already be full if I had prepared properly

N

Natep

If you are trying to harvest every two weeks? You will struggle with giving one plant to much light and others not enough

Latest posts

Top Bottom