How many plants should I grow

• Thread starter dynamitejack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dynamitejack

The opinions on this thread are probably going to be 50-50 but I am wondering on how many plants to grow to get the best yield and quality, I'm growing Nirvana northern lights. I'm going to use a 600w mh to veg and hps to flower, should I put 12 plants in 10" square pots in a 3x3 table and scrog, or should I put 36 plants in 6" square pots in a 3x3 table and just focus the plants energy on cola development.

I have 3 different brands of nutrients, I have the fox farm 3 pack and soluble trio, I also have GH flora and Advanced Nutrients samples in the mail.

P

Papa_kush

If it were my grow i would go with the 36 on the 3x3 and just go for beastly colas. im just starting my first grow with advanced nuts, so i will let you know what i think when i see the results, but there's plenty of other testimonials here that'll steer u in the right direction.

T

tophmaster

this thread should

but i really think both ways would work very well u will have alot of top canopy and top colas either way i dont think the yield will vary much. but u will have more veg time thus using more electricity with the scrog than the sog so the sog is probably the way to go 36 plants but either way try both out overtime make your own decision.

S

Sweetcheeba420

Premium Member
Supporter
Enough to get you at least a pound every two months. have 10 big trees

D

dynamitejack

but i really think both ways would work very well u will have alot of top canopy and top colas either way i dont think the yield will vary much. but u will have more veg time thus using more electricity with the scrog than the sog so the sog is probably the way to go 36 plants but either way try both out overtime make your own decision.

I looked at fear's thread trying to make up my mind on what to do.

1 lb every 2 months is attainable. .75 gram per watt would yield a little less than 16oz

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
10 plants on a 3 x 3 will push a 600 to it's limits. One thing that Tex here at the Farm told me and I proved it to myself is this simple statement: yeild is dependant on light, not # of plants. I just dried and trimmed 8 plants grown under a 600 and I really wish there had only been 6.

jj

D

dynamitejack

I decided to grow 18 plants in a 3x3 tray using 6x6x7 pots because the its only $25 for the pots im looking at, the 10x10s were like $5 each. I'm going to flower them once they hit about 6"-8". I don't have enough seed now to plant all 18 pots but I have a few northern lights that are going to be mothers and once I can cycle 18 plants every 2-2.5 months I'll throw in a 1000w hps and do a scrog with clones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom