How many plants under 1000 Watt HPS

• Thread starter asil
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NightsWatch

NightsWatch

lots of factors how reflective is the wall what type of reflector your using.
I have ran as many as 80 plants under 1000 watts and got 1 - 2 oz per plant :)
Was little more work moving plants around as outside plants seemed to stretch but really was not that hard.
Here is a grow room was 17.5 long by 13.5 wide full umbrella parabolic hood 4 week veg from clone 7 pound harvest 1000 watt grow
soil complete room was orca ceilings walls etc

Picture 036
Picture 026

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

4x4 is better I think! In my 5x5 some of the edge flowers get less light
Not true i actually have seen bigger buds on the out side walls then the ones directly under the light.
Perhaps getting some light and the reflected light off the walls had something to do with it :)

Freshone

Freshone

lots of factors how reflective is the wall what type of reflector your using.
I have ran as many as 80 plants under 1000 watts and got 1 - 2 oz per plant :)
Was little more work moving plants around as outside plants seemed to stretch but really was not that hard.
Here is a grow room was 17.5 long by 13.5 wide full umbrella parabolic hood 4 week veg from clone 7 pound harvest 1000 watt grow
soil complete room was orca ceilings walls etc

View attachment 648829 View attachment 648830
You must be the Harry Potter of growers to get 7Ps off a 1k,lol.

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

You must be the Harry Potter of growers to get 7Ps off a 1k,lol.

I am serious dude 5 foot parabolic hood and i moved plants daily strain was Afghanistan 80 plants do the math 5 week veg 1 to 2 oz per plant i made like 7 pounds 2 oz
brand new ballast and hordi Super HPS temps were 82 and Rg 65 through out 2 gallon pots this is what they looked like finished

Flower romm 2

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

I'm just an old fucker that has been around the block a few times...having seen various versions of this "movie"..

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

It's all about experimenting and finding what works for you. Every environment is different and so a thousand watts is going to produce completely different results for different strains, air quality, medium, humidity, nutrition, water quality, the variables are endless. I would suggest you try and get the most out of your light by packing in say 8or 10 plants in a more narrow light footprint. Something like 4*4

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

I'm just an old fucker that has been around the block a few times...having seen various versions of this "movie"..
What kind of ballast and hood did you use. I am shopping for new HPS and haven't decided what is the best value. Right now I'm leaning towards Gavita double ended

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Last night i was trying to think about that grow. and i fibbed a little room was 13 x 15 I used brand new magnetic ballast with brand new MH bulb.
I added another 1000 watt light when i could afford it @ week 5 - 6 of flower which if you think about it probably did little but it helped for the last 2 weeks.
And it was same thing 150 dollar Mag ballast kit and if i remember correctly 136 bucks for hordi super hps

If your looking for the best bang for the buck buy this one 120 - 240 capable Nanolux 600x2
I am ordering 2 of them with the 630 CMH

I'll make my money back first grow and then some :)
http://growershouse.com/nanolux-de-double-ended-dual-fixture-1200w-600x2

Wildill

Wildill

Last night i was trying to think about that grow. and i fibbed a little room was 13 x 15 I used brand new magnetic ballast with brand new MH bulb.
I added another 1000 watt light when i could afford it @ week 5 - 6 of flower which if you think about it probably did little but it helped for the last 2 weeks.
And it was same thing 150 dollar Mag ballast kit and if i remember correctly 136 bucks for hordi super hps

If your looking for the best bang for the buck buy this one 120 - 240 capable Nanolux 600x2

I'm using the duel 60o right now this is my first run with them and so far so good I have 2 going in a 5x10. If you can make sure to get the dtu and rtu makes things a lot easier

GLGC.MI

GLGC.MI

Really? This is better than the de 1000? It's similarly price so I'm inclined to try it out but I wonder about whether that's better than the gavita. I suppose theirs no way to definitively say. What's the benefit of the mh? And it says in can be ordered with the 6k or 4K. What is the difference? Forgive my ignorance I've been all led and hps until now

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Yes its better, has better features, as in ceramic holders compared to Gavita's Plastic.
It has more power being 1215 watts compared to 1150 watts of Gavita and it will obviously cover more area being dual then a single Gavita
and most importantly a wider light spectrum being MH and HPS spectrums.
And most importantly its cheaper :) USA made etc etc etc support your companies rather then other countries

Top Bottom