How many plants would you run?

• Thread starter AbusiveOGK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AbusiveOGK

Hey guys I'm getting ready to fire up the new room for the first time and was wondering about plant numbers. I'm running 4 1ks in magnum xxxls, and was thinking of running 4 plants per light. Space is 10x10x8 and I was planning on 16 plants in 5 gallon buckets.

What kind of veg time should I be looking at to pull a nice yield? Should I grow these things out like trees?

I'm growing in sunshine #4 with added perlite, HG soil a&b and all the additives, and tropf blumat maxis, so I could up the bucket size if needed.

Thanks in advance!

:joint:

T

thed_ude

Should I grow these things out like trees?
four per 1000, you will have to grow them big to make weight. 40-60 days veg heavily pruned imo :)

waayne

waayne

If you're after tree's veg in the 5's and flower in 15 or 20's
putting 6-8 week's veg on them in a small pot is gonna get them really root bound.Finish vegging in the 5's and repot into a 15 or 20 for flower
Super crop or LST them starting in veg.
:passingjoint:
You can check out some of True Grit's grow thread's to see some excellent LST techniques.

B

BlowCrack

In the 15's or 20's..what would u guestimate the yield? Including lst, etc.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you would be better off going with smaller pots, smaller plants and more numbers.
something between 9-16 per 1 k and if done right (strain depending) you should be able to yield up to (and maybe more) 8 lbs without having to veg for a month or more.

waayne

waayne

The yield's gonna vary depending on what strain
and how much Co2 is in the environment.
There's gonna be plenty of light with those Magnum's
If the temp's and humidity are dialed in,and there's plenty of Co2 should be lookin at 8-12 zip's per plant, a lil more if you're really pumpin the Co2

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks for all the info in here guys. I think I'm gonna double up plant count and run 32, still in 5 gallon buckets. I have the blumat maxis which are longer than the regular tropf blumats, so pot size smaller than 5 gallons isn't possible. Next run I'm gonna try growing some trees, though. 4 per light.

420king-MASSES

I would say you could run 16 under each 1000 watter with no problems i run anywheres from 6-16 per 600 watter so i see no issue

J

Jalisco Kid

If you want trees you are going to need more light. I use 65w sq ' to start a tree grow. JK

Y

yeeyee

if i was u i would put 20 clones under each 1000 wtt an veg for 8-10 days and put up a scrog!

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
7 per magnum max:) 3 gallon pots<<<>>>each plant 1/4+

>>>veg in 1gallon transplant to flower in 3gallon:)Less plants=more space=bigger yield>>>You are gonna get a bunch of methods how to do>>>What works for me/some people may not work for you>>>Depending on what your after<<

:passingjoint:

gtd

T

TwoCreeks

Your run sounds really similar to the one I just finished....4K HPS, similar dimensions, similar soil, though I used less nutes......I did 31 in 5 gallon smart pots. It was too many, they filled the space and working in there was a total pain. I had 8 strains, half clones and half from seeds. Switched at 2 feet, clones wound up 3 feet and round, from seed 5 feet and less round. Wound up with a little over 7 elbows....Started a second run with 23 clones.....Going to veg a little longer and hope it is easier to move arond the room this time.

A

AbusiveOGK

Thanks for all the info everyone. I'm gonna be taking it all into consideration as I'm preparing to start cutting clones from my moms within the next day or so. You can keep up with what I do in my grow diary if ya want. :)

4kw C99 Grow

Latest posts

Top Bottom