How many seeds?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

how many seeds on average from a plant thats from seed until it matures and shows sex naturaly then in flower for 4/4.5 weeks then pollenated and left for a further 5 weeks then harvested?
plants about 30"inch tall.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
More like 1500-2000 my guess with that size plant and time frame..

B

been

:rofl Ah, I get it. You gonna pinch test all those seeds too?

D

dank.frank

HAHAHA....I wonder this myself sometimes. When a breeder says they only kept enough for them to keep in a "vault" so to speak....seeing how the selection can be made from hundreds of plants....would a breeder consider, just enough, say 500 seeds?

I think this question is somewhat dependent on the strength of a given male as well. Some males just have stronger, more viable pollen. So I mean, I suppose the TRUE answer is it does vary....but really thinking about it...way back in the day, I sure did pick a TON of seeds out of 1/4's...sometimes would count 30+...so figure...if that was a consistent amount....an oz. (of finished purposely pollinated/seed bud) would have 120+. So naturally, I would assume the larger the plant the better.....probably bushed out to expose as many possible pollination (bud) sites as possible....be nice to take a single plant SCROG and just dust the top of the canopy like crazy...figure that would be your most productive means....

But really, plant let to grow naturally (genetics depending, some would have branched more depending on the time it takes the plant to show sex naturally...I've had a girl or two around on 24hr veg that didn't show sex even past 2 months) you are wanting a 30" tall full budded large single cola, with a few side branches with some small popcorn and a few large buds....well....fully pollinated/seeded....taking a random shot in the dark...and attempting to answer this question realistically....I'd say of course, depending on lighting, environment, and all that blah, blah....

For a plant vegged to sexual maturity (6-8 weeks?) and then flowered, essentially breed, a 9 week strain...

Around 200-300 seeds per plant....

Eh....what do I know...

dank.Frank

DJXXPLATINUM

DJXXPLATINUM

hey green thumb!! i had a light leak and my og plant got phucked on the bottom third of the plant about your size and i had about three hundred seeds!!! hope this helps!!! peace djxx

B

bicycle racer

probably around 4 or 5 hundred seeds in my experience.

Top Bottom