How many should I get.

• Thread starter Donk Frog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donk Frog

Just about to set up a 10x11 ft room. How many 1000w should I use.
I am running the lights vertically and plan to move from promix to UC system within a cycle or two. I was thinking 4 1000w hps plus 2 400w mh.....Is that to much or to little input please.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

4-1000s does a 10x10 nicely and the halides cant hurt,sounds like your on the right track to me.

D

Donk Frog

next question , can this be done in a large 3 bedroom appt without arosin suspion

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

next question , can this be done in a large 3 bedroom appt without arosin suspion

LOL At first I was like "wtf is arosin suspion?" Then a few seconds later I was like oh ... arousing suspicion.

Ha! I have no idea btw but it was kinda funny.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Not sure cuz ur gunna have a huge light bill & everybody els next 2 u will have tiny light bills..

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I don't think you'll be able to hook up 4 1ks, fans, and etc, (in an apt) w/o an electrician. I can't even run 2 1ks in my sh!tty apt spare room. Blows the breaker. Just something to think about before you buy the lights and equip. Plus, theres alot of noise that comes with certain equipment. GL bro, hope you get it all figured out. PDX

D

Donk Frog

I pay the electric ...breaker box is in my appt son no landlord to reset blown breakers,, I have the equipment aready. I was planning one runing lights off outlet in different rooms so that only one per 15amp fuse.......I have quite ballests.......should i try to set up half the room 5x10 and use less light?

C

CereaLED

Probably will be noisy to neighbors. With 4kW, would need to vent outside which would require an open window or some sort of exhaust.

If you have 4 diff breakers to use, shouldn't be a problem at all. Only issue I see is the fans and carbon scrubber will need to keep the smell out.

Would be a good idea to start with half the room like you said, then expand to full room if you get everything under control. I don't see a problem though. I know some who have grown in apt and you def can.idk about 4 kW though

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

If you have quiet ballasts and can run them w/o blowing the breakers, I'd give it a go. If your using extn cords, use heavy duty ones and make sure the smoke alarms work. (safety 1st) If fan noise becomes a problem, check out the DIY threads on noise reduction. I combined them all and cant hear my 6'' vortex anymore (Thanks Farm!!!) Smell would be the only other issue I'd really worry about. I'm sure you'll iron out the wrinkles. GL and take care -PDX

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
might be hard to pull that many amps unless you can add a fuse to your breaker box

venting that room is gonna be an issue in an apt - if you have neighbors above and below you wont be able to cut holes in the ceiling or floor

if you went with a 4 x 8 tent setup and used the room as a lung setup (cool/scrub the air and supplement co2) I think it would make life easier on you all around

G

ganjherbsmoke

4k would be nice for that size and u should be fine if there all on separate amps but if ur worried about suspicion ur power bill is gonna way above usual for apartments and pretty fuckin suspicious doesnt have anything to do with your breaker its the power company/landlord not tryin to rain on ur parade bro id blow it up if u can but if ur worried about getting noticed id use less light bc that much power in an apt is def not too low key lol

K

Kaybee

Depending on your cost for electricity, try 2K.
Or, do the 1K HPS and add in your two 400W MH's.

C

Compost

I did it, until the property manager got all suspicious, and pretended there was a leak, found the grow, and called the cops.... I got a lic so all good. But it was a tense few hours. So lock the grow room door always, even when you're just going out for takeout. Now I got a much bigger garden, and no landlord or property manager issues!

H

Hugo

In a small apartment u can easy drop 7-8 -1000w bulbs/ballasts in the apt if u are not one to cook with your stove and u decide to put a timer board off a stove wire. 40amps brotha!
So if ur legal no worries about hydro bill, if not, worry and reconsider!

ttystikk

ttystikk

how did you do a bigger garden with no landlord issues? Did you move?

S

Smokeyjojackson

The short answer is yes it can be done. Do you have a friend that can do basic electricial work? Can you run your lights on 240v? I just switched from 120 to 240, and cut my amp usage in half. Running 4kw at 20 amps. A simple circuit with some pig tailed outlets wired through a 30$ inter-matic timer would do it. This can all be done with zero damage to the apt, aside from some nails to hold your outlets to the wall. I just hooked up 5 outlets this way in my sealed room, and its working like a charm, opens up more 110v outlets for fans etc and lowers your electric bill by a nice chunk. Something to think about.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Do you have a dryer in your apt? If so you can steal the power from that. I have 6 k in a 10 x 11 vert in a townhouse. im leagle though. iF you are not leagle I would reccomend no more than 2 lights tops.

Top Bottom