How Many Sq. Ft Per Plant?

• Thread starter organikid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organikid

I am asking how many sq ft per plant, as well as how many lumens/ sq ft would be ideal in flower? My GOAL is to pull 3-4 zips per plant, in organic soil. However, I may run ebb and flow as well. ANYWAY, how many sq ft per plant should I designate in flower? And how much space should I designate for a veg room, which would contain 2 phases, both clones/seedlings and pre-flower "teens."

I have been told about 1 sq meter per plant for flower, just wanted to see other opinions. I would also like to know what would be ideal for a veg room in terms of space/ plant for clones and teens. Also, any suggestion on lumens/ sq foot in flower would be ideal. I plan on running metal halide in veg, as my buddy is running VHO T5's and it seems he could get bigger teens were he using halide, with about the same amount of wattage.

THANKS in advance, much appreciated!

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
You want at least 50Watts per Square foot, Lumen out put will depend on the bulb you choose..

as to how many plants you can fit in 1 square foot that depends on yer container size...

1 Sq meter would be around 10 square feet, That to me seems like too much space between plants...

J

jinxjj

Depends on what style of grow and how many plants you want. For example, SOG would require alot per square ft and SCROG would require minimal plants per square ft. You can squeeze as many as 8 or as few as 1, all up to you there is no "right" answer.

suomynona

suomynona

Some lights i run 16 one gallons per light, but mostly i like 1 plant per light. As already answered it depends on style u prefer. Since you want 3 ounces per plant though, id suggest 9 plants per light spaced out cover no more than 5' x 5' if using thouies. You should hit 2 to 3 zips easy this way so long as you dont over feed or veg too long.

Many variables but good luck!

K

kuz

3 oz from 3 gallon pots, 5 per light, that is reasonable. 4x4' or 5x5 space per light is what I do. Little waisted space, all canopy, and still being able to easily get to all the plants, thats the tricky part. I have seen 1 gallon pots yield 3oz plants, 9 per light. Room dialed in heat and humidity right on, sealed and co2.

ho t5 lights should be fine for veggin plants. Cheap to run, not much heat, you can get them inches above the plant and should get nice tight nodes.

S

smoothbud

With good genetics environment and skill 3-4 oz per plant is consistently doable in soil in 5 gal pots with 5 per 4x4 area under a 600 watt hps. With excellent genetics environment and skill you can get in the 4-5 oz per plant range at this density. Plant the 5 plants in a pattern just like the dots on a dice. 9 in 5x5 area for 1000 watts. If you do decide to go 1 square meter per plant you will need to do more training but also should do WAY more than 3-4 oz per plant. You should be shooting at 1 1/2-2 oz per square foot

O

organikid

Thank you! Good answers in here, sounds like 5 plants in 3-5 gal containers under 600 W Eye blue halide is what I will run! However, may scrog out an ebb and flow as well. Thank you for the answers! I appreciate it immensely!

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Thank you! Good answers in here, sounds like 5 plants in 3-5 gal containers under 600 W Eye blue halide is what I will run! However, may scrog out an ebb and flow as well. Thank you for the answers! I appreciate it immensely!

just food for thought, you can get the same type of yields you want with 3 gal coco pots. no need for 5 gal pots anymore. growth time will increase too allowing you to flower earlier. then reuse the coco pots at least one more time to save coin.

I'm only in this section cause i'm getting the gro itch like crazy lol. i need to be on the DL so only gonna finish 4 pots of coco. 600 digi old style, not dimable; thankfully i already have most of the equipment . just need a tent, fan, coco and a few misc. things. que sera sera.
will veg with a 250 mh/400 hps .

wish you all the best dude.

Top Bottom