How many times can you flower a plant?

• Thread starter NewWorld
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewWorld

NewWorld

So recently after cropping my plants I decided to re-veg them.

I had about 4-5 oz off each plant, I then left the bottom 3rd of each plant, which had about 10 small buds on each and a few leafs.

Then put them back in to Veg. For 6 weeks.

In the other half of my tent I had cuttings from the same mother plant that were already a decent size as they'd been on veg for 6 weeks already.

I also kept them on veg for another 6 weeks, so they could all go to flower at the same time.

Eventually going to flower both sides were huge.

What was interesting to me is that the side I re-vegged had on average 2oz more a plant. They also finished flowering a week earlier. The buds were noticeably bigger.

After I chopped them all down and the coco dried I checked the roots. I'm not exaggerating but the roots at the top of the re-vegged plants were as thick as my finger. It makes sense they were able to carry substantially more nutrients.

So my question is has anyone else tried and had success doing this?

Does anyone know how any times you can re-veg a plant?

Because as long as you do it right I can only see it getting stronger and stronger.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Do my thoughts about coco.
It breaks down and you get loads of sediment that can choke the plant.
But this clearly wasnt a issue after 1 re grow.

Unfortunately I did completely chop the plants down. As ive changed strain.

But what I'm thinking is if in the 1st week you put them back to veg, if you heavily flush them with calmag. Het all that sediment to the bottom of your pot.

Then after a week. Remove the plant from the pot and cut away the bottom 1/4 of the coco. Thos should get rid of most the crap that sitting at the bottom. Then simply refill the bottom with fresh coco.

I dont have pictures of the last grow that I'm talking about. But I do still have the roots. I'll share a picture later.

I'm just not sure if a plant has the ability to keep flowering indefinitely?

If anyone can find something online or has a personal experience I'm desperate to hear. Obviously I dont want to waste my time or create hearmaphrodites

NewWorld

NewWorld

I'm currently in week 5 of flower of my latest grow. I will be putting a lot of these to re-veg and documenting it in this thread if anyone interested.

Not having to get rid of old coco and rebuy coco every grow is handy also.

I'm getting around 2kg off each 600w LED. Which should be easily achievable for any new grower, with the right plants.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm currently in week 5 of flower of my latest grow. I will be putting a lot of these to re-veg and documenting it in this thread if anyone interested.

I'm getting around 2kg off each 600w LED. Which should be easily achievable for any new grower, with the right plants.
Good story but without pics its just air.....poof no proof Just saying....I grew a plant 100ft tall in my back yard but aliens came down and took it away...you should have seen it, she was a beaut.😁👽👽

growsince79

growsince79

LOL That ain't nothin! I get 5kg off a 400w light.

NewWorld

NewWorld

LOL That ain't nothin! I get 5kg off a 400w light.
Give me 4 weeks I'll share pictures of this grow. I'm growing Bruce banner #3 which yields massive. Using lumitek Zeus pro 600w on a 1500 x 1500 tent. I have pictures of this current grow. Although they havent started bulking yet. I'll get at least 1.5kg per light.

I wasnt commenting my yeild for ego. I was hoping some new growers would ask how I grow and I could explain and help them. Not some experienced growers to come along and get jealous. It just really makes me want to quit the site.

You can check my very 1st grow out (which I blogged on here) in a smaller tent and see I got over 6oz a plant.

I only created this post to find out if anyone else had re-vegged a plant. I did not expect to get called out on my yields

Anthem

Anthem

Give me 4 weeks I'll share pictures of this grow. I'm growing Bruce banner #3 which yields massive. Using lumitek Zeus pro 600w on a 1500 x 1500 tent. I have pictures of this current grow. Although they havent started bulking yet. I'll get at least 1.5kg per light.

I wasnt commenting my yeild for ego. I was hoping some new growers would ask how I grow and I could explain and help them. Not some experienced growers to come along and get jealous. It just really makes me want to quit the site.

You can check my very 1st grow out (which I blogged on here) in a smaller tent and see I got over 6oz a plant.

I only created this post to find out if anyone else had re-vegged a plant. I did not expect to get called out on my yields
Wow I am very interested in your grow practices as you are just nailing it on the weight. What is your curing procedure and how do you determine the final weight?

Allegedly

Allegedly

I would imagine the coco breaking down over time could become an issue, but the flushs you need to do in coco would probably negate that up to a point. The next thing i would worry about would be pathogens, root problems, things of that nature the older the root ball gets. eventually I think youd want to clone it and start fresh just to avoid something tragic.

NewWorld

NewWorld

I would imagine the coco breaking down over time could become an issue, but the flushs you need to do in coco would probably negate that up to a point. The next thing i would worry about would be pathogens, root problems, things of that nature the older the root ball gets. eventually I think youd want to clone it and start fresh just to avoid something tragic.
Yeah I was thinking something along them lines. I was just shocked how much better the re-vegged ones grew compared to the new clones. Wishful thinking I could keep it going like that forever 😂

growsince79

growsince79

Not jealous of you, I just don't believe you get 3.3gpw unless you count trash with it. I'm not jealous of the Santa or Tooth Fairy either.

Last edited:
NewWorld

NewWorld

Wow I am very interested in your grow practices as you are just nailing it on the weight. What is your curing procedure and how do you determine the final weight?
I dont ever cure I'll be honest. I leave them suspended in a tent for 12 days with a dehumidifier in there (burnt one out from the residue, thought there was a fire was blowing smoke) also an extractor and a few fans. Its pretty crispy, easy to grind so fine to smoke.

I can only imagine if people aren't having similar yields to me, it can only be down to the feed or light. I dont supp CO2.

I'm using canna coco choir along with canna products. 20 litre fabric pots. Ill post my feed schedule.

Anthem

Anthem

I dont ever cure I'll be honest. I leave them suspended in a tent for 12 days with a dehumidifier in there (burnt one out from the residue, thought there was a fire was blowing smoke) also an extractor and a few fans. Its pretty crispy, easy to grind so fine to smoke.

I can only imagine if people aren't having similar yields to me, it can only be down to the feed or light. I dont supp CO2.

I'm using canna coco choir along with canna products. 20 litre fabric pots. Ill post my feed schedule.
So after you have put them in the tent for 12 days hanging you weight the whole plant correct? Those are just amazing results

Allegedly

Allegedly

why no cure?

NewWorld

NewWorld

So this plant had one grow. I pulled the old cup shape root ball out of the 20 litre pot and you can see loads of tiny roots. I even broke it down to the root root block and you can see there no thick roots.

20211004 191103
20211004 191115

Latest posts

Top Bottom