How many times can you flower a plant?

• Thread starter NewWorld
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NewWorld

NewWorld

If I was to do anything in their I would defoliate a lot of the leaves. As many as I could. And tie a twine around the perimeter to keep the buds off the walls. To reduce transpiration as much as possible. Just to make sure it's not staying wet and soggy.
I done an experiment in my last grow with deflating during flower and the side I deflated grew far less that the side I just left alone. I know its each to their own but personally I'll never deflate after week one of flower. In my opinion it shocks the plant a slows growth. I know I'm sacrificing the under canopy by not getting any light to it but I have between 4 and 6 major heads on every plant. Only reason I've kept a lot of the bottom stuff is for re-vegging. Otherwise I would have lollipopped it hard.

NewWorld

NewWorld

I done an experiment in my last grow with deflating during flower and the side I deflated grew far less that the side I just left alone. I know its each to their own but personally I'll never deflate after week one of flower. In my opinion it shocks the plant a slows growth. I know I'm sacrificing the under canopy by not getting any light to it but I have between 4 and 6 major heads on every plant. Only reason I've kept a lot of the bottom stuff is for re-vegging. Otherwise I would have lollipopped it hard.
Predictive dont like the word defolating apparently 😂

NewWorld

NewWorld

Few problems. The temp of the tent isnt getting above 21 degrees and now when the lights are off its 15 degrees.

Humidity is still 90% (although the mylar walls are dry and theres no condensation in sight).

I can only imagine the humidity is so high because the canopy is so dense. In any other week I'd bite the bullet and give it a good deleafing. But I'm in week 5 and really dont want to stress the plant this late on.

The plants themselves are looking lovely except for the buds seem to be a bit behind (or not bulking as much as I'd like by now).

I have noticed that my grows tend to bulk later than suggested on the internet in all my grows not sure if this is down to LED lighting.

NewWorld

NewWorld

The fans are covering all the tops of the canopies and making a huge difference.

20211006 165946
Ponky

Ponky

Those overnight temps are too low. They can cause an issue. Low daytime temps are less of an issue. But you want to see them a bit higher.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

You gotta defoliate those big fan leaves. I wouldn't worry too much about shocking the plant as long as you pull a little off each day for a week or so in a gradual fashion I think they will be fine. All those leaves are perspiring a ton of water into the atmosphere and it is creating way too much humidity that is gonna lead to a ton of late flower problems. Strip them bro do it!

NewWorld

NewWorld

You gotta defoliate those big fan leaves. I wouldn't worry too much about shocking the plant as long as you pull a little off each day for a week or so in a gradual fashion I think they will be fine. All those leaves are perspiring a ton of water into the atmosphere and it is creating way too much humidity that is gonna lead to a ton of late flower problems. Strip them bro do it!
Ok I'll try just taking 2 or 3 big leafs each day. In the past I've just attacked them.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Only gone and left 2 bars out of the light fixture on one side of the tent for the past 2 days after sorting the humidity. Hope it hasn't stunted the grow much.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Just had another disaster. Been giving my plants 2.5ml per litre of PK13/14. Or so I thought i was. I've been put 25ml in each litre on Tuesday. Only fed them one each. So flushed them tonight. One plant I gave 3 litres so 75ml of PK13/14. Was my biggest plant. Oh well live and learn. Think I've made mistakes every grow.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Unfortunately due to the foliage you cant see the actual amount. Theres is a lot of beefy buds. Most are almost as thick as a can of soda and 16 inches tall. I'm taking them down Sunday. So will take a few clear pics then, when theyre deleafed. I included 2 objects I had to hand in these pics to to show the thickness.

20211112 142109
20211112 142136
20211112 142219
20211112 142336
20211112 144202
NewWorld

NewWorld

Here's a picture of the opposite side of the tent. These buds are actually smaller and theres only about half the amount of buds. Pictures really dont do the other side justice.

20211112 142348
Allegedly

Allegedly

Unfortunately due to the foliage you cant see the actual amount. Theres is a lot of beefy buds. Most are almost as thick as a can of soda and 16 inches tall. I'm taking them down Sunday. So will take a few clear pics then, when theyre deleafed. I included 2 objects I had to hand in these pics to to show the thickness.
bro if you dont get that can of pledge away from your grow before something tragic happens lol making me nervous

NewWorld

NewWorld

This plant is ready for re-veg. Once new shoots come through I'll sort out which tops to keep and finish up cleaning up the plant. Last time I re-vegged only about 60% of the heads turned back to veg. So giving myself plenty of options with loads of heads..

20211115 172838
NewWorld

NewWorld

Only managed to cut down 3 plants tonight. But here are some of the buds. Just by eye theres at least 3oz a plant. Could easily be 4oz on many of them. But dont want to get too carried away. At 3oz a plant, it would be 48oz (16plants) under one 600w LED in a 5x5 tent.

20211115 172725
20211115 172739
Top Bottom