How many tops for an outdoor grow

• Thread starter Luckyrluc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Luckyrluc

I have had a few people give me flak over the amount of training done to my outdoor plants.
I have roughly 15-25 tops on all my ladies, I've just fimmed (probably) my last time with roughly 1 month to flower.
I'm growing in a windy environment...
What do you guys think?
(Picture Is a week or so old, plants are reaching about half a foot over the poly now)
How many tops for an outdoor grow

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

as long as they didnt flop over and say ouch you should be ok.
but more bud requires more/healthier roots and more getting things nailed with the feeds and whatnot. So the bigger you're trying to go upstairs the more you need to have things right downstairs.

topping once makes a bush. Any further topping foe me is only about controlling the height or making a flat canopy. It's not about the number of tops. After you top once you will get a bunch dont worry.

pinetarbiscuits

pinetarbiscuits

I have had a few people give me flak over the amount of training done to my outdoor plants.
I have roughly 15-25 tops on all my ladies, I've just fimmed (probably) my last time with roughly 1 month to flower.
I'm growing in a windy environment...
What do you guys think?
(Picture Is a week or so old, plants are reaching about half a foot over the poly now)View attachment 1258113
I never top outdoors, so far in 4 years. Mostly, I want more height and less density to deal with molds and fungus later in flower. But that is my enviornment.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Ive had best luck with just supercropping come to mention it. just put a kink in the main stalk but leave it on there.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Also supercropping any branch tightens up the node spacing dramatically after the kink. So actually be careful with that too.
What are they btw?

L

Luckyrluc

Also supercropping any branch tightens up the node spacing dramatically after the kink. So actually be careful with that too.
What are they btw?
I am about to start doing Kyle kushmans "chiropractic" technique
it usually works wonders, pretty similar to what you're talking about.
This plant is a Cafe racer cross
I've also got some Bruce banner, blue widow, ATF, and a critical cross

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

I am about to start doing Kyle kushmans "chiropractic" technique
it usually works wonders, pretty similar to what you're talking about.
This plant is a Cafe racer cross
I've also got some Bruce banner, blue widow, ATF, and a critical cross

I never heard about Kyle's technique. Thanks for sharing.

I'm on my first outside grow and topped twice as well. The seeds were popped near the end of April and have been outside since end of May. The shortest is 42 inches tall and the tallest about 52 inches. The shorty has much tighter spacing between branches. 3 of the 4 plants are in flower now. The 2 on the left are Okanagan Grape. The 2 on the right are Frostberry. All 4 plants are based on GDPurple and are from Lucky 13. One plant has a lot of purple in the buds already.

I've cleaned some leaves out of the middle of the plants but probably have a couple more leaves I could take off.

DSC01550a

DSC01552a

Madmax

Madmax

Thats it 😃..i havnt met many people that do the same.i dont grow any other way ha.they do get to 1.3 1.4H as i let them come up after bout 3 months.it helps me out greatly in stealth as they just cant b seen unless you walk right up to them and do look like strawberry bushes from a distance and even from above.i havnt been able to grow again like this for years.ive still all the steel wire pegs lol.got hundreds of them 😃.

7munkee

7munkee

The more tops the better. It keeps you from getting MASSIVE colas that will tend to mold in the wet cold fall weather.

IME better overall yield.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

but there can be a point where you overdo it and things just dont chunk up like they should.

Top Bottom