How many watts for veg if running 8k for flower?

• Thread starter KGJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KGJ

Hey whats up guys! Long-long time lurker, finally decided to officially join the party. I am currently planning a new spot and am going to have 8k for flower. How many watts of MH do you think I should have for veg? I am thinking about going with a few 600s or a couple 1000s, but unsure.....what do you think?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
running 6k i use a t5 8 light for clones and baby bloomers and 3 400 mhs for 60 2 gal vegging plants and 6 moms. all same strain if ur running multiple strains u will need more momes and more lights.

K

KGJ

Thanks for the quick reply! I will be running one strain at a time, vegging in 1 gal. I'll have my moms in a different room.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
the 3 400's should work fine for you then. mine cover a 10 x 4 area. they dont make 600 MH bulbs. they make a conversion or soemthing. the 3 400s work great i can do 60 plant in 2 gal pots up to 3-4 weeks plus 6 moms. i then trans plant into the 5 gals and put them under the main lights 9 per for about a 10 day veg to let the roots fill the pots then flip

K

KGJ

Right on man, so you think 3 400s will do the trick. Yeah I'm thinking 2 1000 watters might be overkill.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah i think you should be fine how long are you gonna veg them for? they are going from a 1 gal to what size? i can fit 60 in 2 gals under it and they veg nice and quick and look healthy i could put in a few more too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom