How many watts/par for 3x3 tent

• Thread starter suckabusta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
suckabusta

suckabusta

So this year I upgraded to the AC Infinity ion frame Evo6. It's a 500w light, and I realize this is a bit overkill for a 3x3, but it leaves me room to grow into a bigger setup one day.

The plants have been doing great under this light, but the leaves are showing what I believe is some light stress. Curling leaf tips, bent leaf tips, leaves cupping upwards etc...

I have the light currently set to 50% (250w) about 3 ft from the canopy. I just flipped them to flower a few days ago and I'm waiting to see how the blueberry muffins stretch before making any adjustments.

Is this light stress the plants are showing? Or some kind of nitrogen thing going on? It's mostly one plant in specific, the back right corner. What should I set my light to at this point?

Worth noting that the power supply for the light is outside the tent, so temps have been perfect, around 75 degrees lights on.

How many wattspar for 3x3 tent
How many wattspar for 3x3 tent 2
How many wattspar for 3x3 tent 3
suckabusta

suckabusta

Also the photone app is saying I'm around 300-350 par above the plant that's being effected. I realize that may not be an accurate measurement though.

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

The edge curl looks like light stress to me. I expect to finish hand-watered soil around 30W of LED per square foot. I run my lights on a progression, and target 50% of finishing power at the start of flower. If those were mine, I'd dial the power down to 150W and see how the plants react. Adjust as necessary. Edge curl, taco-ing, canoe-ing, twisting, and any color other than green...I give less light. Praying an hour before lights out...I add light. Flat, level, and green = happy. Lots of ways to grow. That's just what works for me.

jdog22

jdog22

I'd use a 400w dimable HID for a 3x3 grow. i currently use a 600w HID with a 4x4 tent its perfect :)

2Water

2Water

I'm currently vegging with 200w and have 400w in my flower tent. Try dropping down lower to maybe 40%, not all cultivators handle the same amount of light. Definitely leaves you room to max out your tent once you have it all dialed in

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Is there a fan blowing on that plant? It could be light stress, but I've also seen that look when a fan blows constantly on the same part of a plant.

suckabusta

suckabusta

Is there a fan blowing on that plant? It could be light stress, but I've also seen that look when a fan blows constantly on the same part of a plant.
This is definitely a possibility. I had adjusted a fan recently so that it isn't directly blowing on any of the plants anymore. Possibly that plant was in direct line with it.

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i doubt that's light stress or a deficiency.

capricious phenotypes regarding feeding, or phenotypes showing little mutations or weirdness happen all the time.

nothing i would worry about when it's one out of many all treated the same ...

suckabusta

suckabusta

i doubt that's light stress or a deficiency.

capricious phenotypes regarding feeding, or phenotypes showing little mutations or weirdness happen all the time.

nothing i would worry about when it's one out of many all treated the same ...
I had considered this as well considering it's the only one doing this out of 3

Latest posts

Top Bottom