How Much Abuse Can I Give A Mother?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

So let's imagine I wanted to keep a mother plant indefinitely, if she started getting too tall or whatever, could I literally just chop her halfway down the trunk and let her regrow again? A friend of mine has a BLZ bud mother that he's had for about 8 months and is happy to provide me with some cuttings from her when I'm ready to start growing again. I intend to keep one as a mother, as he reported that it's probably the best strain/pheno he's ever possessed. Thoughts?

dan1989

dan1989

Also wisher619 got me thinking when he said that plants may try to self pollinate if you keep them alive too long past their life expectancy...does this count in this case?

Juicebox

Juicebox

Also wisher619 got me thinking when he said that plants may try to self pollinate if you keep them alive too long past their life expectancy...does this count in this case?
Bonsai it man .....i remember seeing a thread somewhere on bonsai moms...i think buddy said he had the plant for like 7 years in the thread

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I say he is nuts myself though you can only clone so far before cuts become garbage

I have a gg4 clone only from 4+ yrs ago. I clone ofd a clone off a clone. Repeat for 4+yrs . How many Times.do you josey Wales (breeder and creator of gg4) clones this girl? Hundreds before he passed her out to the masses. My gg4 is still as potent as the day I got her.

20170502 201912

Juicebox

Juicebox

So would you say genetics play a part there cause i know i have had plants that after about cut #4 she starts to seem watered down

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

So you kill the mum and use a new mum every 4 years or am i reading this wrong

No moms in my.garden, ever
I clone off a clone and repeat as many times as needed. How do you think clone only strains make it for yrs and yrs and yrs. Most don't keep moms. I never have. They count twords my precious plant count.

A clone is a genetic copy of it's parent plant. Only issue should it not be the same outcome, is change in environment or grower error.

Juicebox

Juicebox

This is great stuff guys, only grown from clone once before and they were provided by a friend, so this stuff is golden knowledge for me.
Yep i never heard that before either....i guess different strokes different folks

SpiderK

SpiderK

clone off clone big mistake ( see tk kush )

research Bodhi Bonsai ... keep them small, trimm the rootzone back ect ....

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Yeah man new to the whole cloning thing, hence why I'm asking the newbie questions about it :)
They can and will degenerate over time depending on how they are taken care of and what diseases and pest invade them. But I still prefer my older cloned down genetics over 90% of anything I try new.
The biggest problem is you buy a pack of beans and you will pick the best to clone out of the ten you got. Slot of the clone only strains were picked out of hundreds if not thousands of seeds;)

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
No moms in my.garden, ever
I clone off a clone and repeat as many times as needed. How do you think clone only strains make it for yrs and yrs and yrs. Most don't keep moms. I never have. They count twords my precious plant count.

A clone is a genetic copy of it's parent plant. Only issue should it not be the same outcome, is change in environment or grower error.
I dont keep moms either... BUT...with proper environment and root pruning techniques you can keep a plant forever.

SpiderK

SpiderK

a killer modern skunk i tossed in the trash ... a cash croppers dream ( if thats your goal ) if they can max out genetics.

could smell this one plant from three acres

tossed in the trash, still searching for the grail .... grown outdoor different level stuff, not in the happy controlled room .... A ++ outdoor, finished. Nothing taste like genetics ripped wide open outdoor.

Picture 38

Picture 37

Picture 47

Picture 40

Picture 44

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom