How much ac.....

• Thread starter Igot5onit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Igot5onit

Alright first off Im planning on putting 6 1000s in a 11x11x7 room my goal is to seal the room and get co2 in as soon as possible. I guess my question is what kinda mini split should i go with or please give me some sugestions.

Thanks much for all your imput.

Igot5

deacon1503

deacon1503

2-ton should do u fine with co2. If you can swing it grab a 30 or 36k with a good brand name compressor.

I

Igot5onit

Thanks for the info, that's what i was thinking but i wanted to check with others.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Alright first off Im planning on putting 6 1000s in a 11x11x7 room my goal is to seal the room and get co2 in as soon as possible. I guess my question is what kinda mini split should i go with or please give me some sugestions.

Thanks much for all your imput.

Igot5

The formula that I use (I am an HVAC tech) is 4000 btus/1 kw if lights are vented. If lights are unvented or vertical then I use 5000 btus/kw. I know both of these should give you some leeway. So with that in mind nothing less than a 24k btus and nothing more 30k btus. I would recommend the name brand units if you can afford it such as Fujistu and Mitsubishi. Don't buy Fujistu online because warranty is void. Check out my thread on all a/c needs .

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Thanks for the replies guys.

Cannabis jhon- SO should I steer clear of Shinco? They have a panasonic compressor and they come with a 1 year parts warranty and a 5 year warranty on the compressor. Also they have a dc inverter and are very reasonably priced. Thanks for the input.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

I was considering either

or

I like the Lg because it has the highest seer rating plus it is a few k more btus than the shinco. The mitsubishi is really nice but it is a bit more than I was planning on spending (not that I am not willing to spend the extra coin if it is worth it. Also I noticed that the MItsubishi says it cools to outdoor temps as low as 14 and the LG says it cools to 0 degrees. I live in a cold climate so that is another reason that I am leaning toward the lg. How much should I budget for install from a HVAC professonal for install? I was thinking that I would mount the wall unit and build the platform for the outside unit and have a tech connect the 2. Thanks for your help!

420THCFarming

Shinco is a good brand, I know lots of people who use them.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Thanks for the replies guys.

Cannabis jhon- SO should I steer clear of Shinco? They have a panasonic compressor and they come with a 1 year parts warranty and a 5 year warranty on the compressor. Also they have a dc inverter and are very reasonably priced. Thanks for the input.

Nope I have installed 10 of their 2 ton units w/o any problems. There are only 5 makers of compressors for mini splits. So all units should have a name brand compressor. Compare warranties and seer ratings for any units u are thinking of installing. Make a decision from that. Also if ordering online see what accessories come with price listed. A 25' line set included is a good deal. Shinco comes with only 10 ft. Most installs require more which costs a lot more in some cases. Good luck.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

I was considering either

or

I like the Lg because it has the highest seer rating plus it is a few k more btus than the shinco. The mitsubishi is really nice but it is a bit more than I was planning on spending (not that I am not willing to spend the extra coin if it is worth it. Also I noticed that the MItsubishi says it cools to outdoor temps as low as 14 and the LG says it cools to 0 degrees. I live in a cold climate so that is another reason that I am leaning toward the lg. How much should I budget for install from a HVAC professonal for install? I was thinking that I would mount the wall unit and build the platform for the outside unit and have a tech connect the 2. Thanks for your help!

If you set indoor and outdoor units I would think somewhere between $250-400 should get it finished depending on ur area of world.

iscrog4food

iscrog4food

Sorry for the thread hijack Igot5 I posted a similar thread with a similar title and responded to the wrong one. Thanks for the reply Jhon.

I

Igot5onit

iscrog - Its all good bro, you kinda bumped my thread and it helped a lot with some good info.

Igot5

Top Bottom