how much carbon filter with this set up

• Thread starter desertgrown
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

desertgrown

Hey all. How much of a carbon filter system is enough for a full 50 sq ft with 4k hps? The plants are 30 inches lollitopped. I suppose I could do one giant filter on a 12in vortex but if I can spend less thats good. I just began the 12/12 today and the neighbors said they can smell them. Thank god she is 420 compliant as well cuz that could have been bad. If I need to do 10 filters and spend $2k then thats what ill do but hell... Thanks a bunch.

I

ibTheMan

You could do twin 8" x 39" phresh filters for around $450 and 2= 8" areoflo fans off ebay(which are better then most any brand) for $280 shipped for both, so for less then $750 youd be hooked up.

add around $200 to bump that to twin 10" set ups.

I like run n two so you can run one sometimes and the 2nd when needed.
im run n 2 6" 460cfm w/2 6x24 phresh filters, works good.
twin 6" set up cost $550-$570

11 28 10 005
D

desertgrown

Thanks for the fast reply. Forgot to say, the entire room is 120 sqft with a 9ft ceiling. 29ft for veg an 50ft for flower. I figure, but very unsure, if I can exaust 300 cfm then that covers all of the air in the room every 5 min. Is that enough I wonder. I would ask the hydro store folks but they always up sell me. Cant blame them.

I

ibTheMan

what is the room size ie. length, width, height (which we know is 9ft). aint no way 300cfm will even be close to what you need.
its about cubic feet.

C

c4NN4daze

I run the a Phresh too. Actually started it last week and the plants loooovve it. CD

B

Bobby Smith

Thanks for the fast reply. Forgot to say, the entire room is 120 sqft with a 9ft ceiling. 29ft for veg an 50ft for flower. I figure, but very unsure, if I can exaust 300 cfm then that covers all of the air in the room every 5 min. Is that enough I wonder. I would ask the hydro store folks but they always up sell me. Cant blame them.

The simple answer is "no", that 300CFM fan isn't gonna do shit for you.

I'd shoot for a minimum of 1X air exchange per minute - that means you need to exchange:

a) 120sqft * 9' height = 1080 cubic feet * 1.3 (ballpark number to take into account turns in the ducting and the filter) for efficiency loss = 1404CFM for your exhaust (I'd go a little bigger, but that should be okay for ya)

EDIT: there are no hard and fast rules for ventilation; you could get away with something smaller or you may even need something bigger - I'm just trying to ballpark it for you.

Also, Phresh filters are the shit - try hanging a Can and then hanging a Phresh and lemme know which one you like better :winking0067:

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
there is a hard and fast rule or at least the one I have always gone by

length x wdith x height is the amount of volume of air that needs to be replaced

replace that air every 3 minutes and you wont have to worry about smell as long as you have a quality filter that matches your fan

S

swizzlegrower

i agree with motherload....owned every carbon syst known to man....building units and buying bulk carbon might be cheapest though....we are... carbon expensive but 10 lbs (each) changed every mo in 2 homemade units give control with ea 1000... 30-50 bucks mo....both units scrub room.....motor dampner swiches both to exhaust when hum temp box calls for coolin -dehumid(but pm so bad these days dehumidifiers in every grow)

Top Bottom