D

danko

ive got a recipe for a soil mix....

2 parts soil
2 parts sunshine mix
3 parts perlite
3/4 parts mexican guano
3/4 parts jamacan guano

it was easy to determine how much soil,perlite,and sunshine mix to use because they were all measured in cubic feet.
the guano is measured in pounds... so if im using 5 gallon grow bags how much of each guano would i put per 5 gallon
grow bag? im growing 36 plants. each in 5gal bags
and if you could show me how you figured out how much to use...that would be cool too!
thanks

7rayos

Dunno the difference between mexican and jamaican guano, unless is branded, i guess one of those must be higher in N than the other. Although organic and slow release, it can overfeed the plant if using too much. What i'd do is using about 5-7% (a fistfull every litre) of the total substrate of the guano with most N, and further into bloom start adding the high PK guano in teas for quicker absorption. Just one method.

D

danko

thanks. any way to figure out how much to use with this method?

A

afatsoweezer

from the basic recipe that you gave, it doesn't matter how the guano is packaged. The recipe calls for "parts" of an equal measurement ...

- if you used cups: 2 cups of soil/2 cups of sunshine/3 cups of perlite/three-quarters cup of Mexican guano, three-quarters cup of Jamaican.

- if you used lbs: 2 lbs of soil/2 lbs sunshine/3 lbs perlite/three-quarters lbs of both guano

** take the basic measurement used, and dole out accordingly.

D

danko

from the basic recipe that you gave, it doesn't matter how the guano is packaged. The recipe calls for "parts" of an equal measurement ...

- if you used cups: 2 cups of soil/2 cups of sunshine/3 cups of perlite/three-quarters cup of Mexican guano, three-quarters cup of Jamaican.

- if you used lbs: 2 lbs of soil/2 lbs sunshine/3 lbs perlite/three-quarters lbs of both guano

** take the basic measurement used, and dole out accordingly.

thanks, i was using gallons and cubic feet to figure everything out so the lbs of guano fucked with me...

less is more? probably good advice...thanks man

D

Daggaboom

Could everyone quoting in gallons please specify if it's British or American gallons. There is a massive difference.
This is the 21st century so hopefully metric will catch on. So simple.

D

danko

im talken american. but if were talken parts you can swap out any measurment....

does that seem like a lot of guano to yall? i mean if i do cups and its say 16 cups/gallon in a 5 gallon pot...thats 80 cups total. thats 19 cups soil and sunshine mix each, 28 cups of
perlite, and 6 cups of each guano (12 cups of guano total)....is that a lot in a 5 gallon pot???

A

afatsoweezer

seems so to me ... but then again, where did you get the recipe? Is it someone's idea of super soil?

Top Bottom