How much heat does a dehumidifier give off ?

• Thread starter gallo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gallo

I run a sealed room. I have noticed the split air unit running fairly often during the day when the lights are off and the dehumidifier is running. Does any one now know how much heat is given off the the dehumidifier ?

T

th3b12ain

I'm running a 70 pint me more and it pits out about 1-2 degrees higher then ac temp

ttystikk

ttystikk

Plenty! Think about what a dehuey is; it's an AC unit where the coils are run cold enough to condense water from the air. The heat has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is the exhaust stream; its both hot and dry. Your room AC system then needs to capture and exhaust or cool this heat source, just like heat from a light.

bobby

bobby

I think the calculation is with watts and I think each watt equals 3.45 btu's of heat created. If your dehumidifier is 500 watts, it produces 1725 btu's of heat. If you don't know the wattage, then try amperage to estimate it. If your dehumidifier is running 7 amps, then it's about 700 watts, then multiply that number by 3.45

Even wall fans generate heat and I think you calculate it by the wattage used.

I'm not 100% on this, but it seems like a good ball park.

G

gallo

I think the calculation is with watts and I think each watt equals 3.45 btu's of heat created. If your dehumidifier is 500 watts, it produces 1725 btu's of heat. If you don't know the wattage, then try amperage to estimate it. If your dehumidifier is running 7 amps, then it's about 700 watts, then multiply that number by 3.45

Even wall fans generate heat and I think you calculate it by the wattage used.

I'm not 100% on this, but it seems like a good ball park.
Thanks

Top Bottom