How much humidity does adding plastic baggie over your seedling?

• Thread starter my9goesbang
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

my9goesbang

My humidity is low around %30 so i purchased a humidifier to bring up the levels in my tent. Do i need to worry about the humidity in the tent while at this stage? 3 days under SF4000 just under %20 dimmer ,hanging about 32in
How much humidity does adding plastic baggie over your seedling

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

My humidity is low around %30 so i purchased a humidifier to bring up the levels in my tent. Do i need to worry about the humidity in the tent while at this stage? 3 days under SF4000 just under %20 dimmer ,hanging about 32inView attachment 1197809
Until the baggies come off your humidity in the tent isn’t a big deal. Your basically creating a mini green house for each seedling. I remove my bags once or twice a day to air out until I remove. Seedlings have very little roots and high humidity helps the seedling until it has time to establish roots. I leave my bags on for about a week sometimes more sometimes less just depends.

Ponky

Ponky

Not needed right @Ponky seems like its suffocating it
I personally just let seeds grow uncovered. Or inside a dome with the adjustable vents. If the bag is too moist you can just poke some holes in it. Or if you have a clear solo cup you can cut a little vent in it. I usually don't worry about humidity. Solo cups work well. 2 clear ones and a red one. Plant into the clear cup. Slide it in a red cup and cover wirh a clear cup. And you have a mini clone carrier.

growsince79

growsince79

Until the baggies come off your humidity in the tent isn’t a big deal. Your basically creating a mini green house for each seedling. I remove my bags once or twice a day to air out until I remove. Seedlings have very little roots and high humidity helps the seedling until it has time to establish roots. I leave my bags on for about a week sometimes more sometimes less just depends.
I take my bag off day 1 - as soon as its standing straight. By then my root is at least 2" long and no chance of drying up overnight.

quirk

quirk

Looking at the way the medium is clinging to the side of the cup and the droplets on the cotyledons and baggie, you're running the risk of suffocating/damping off that seedling. Were it mine I'd ditch the "dome", lower the light to 18" if your gonna keep it @20% to prevent stretching and provide air circulation to strengthen stem/roots. Just my 2 cents.

M

my9goesbang

Looking at the way the medium is clinging to the side of the cup and the droplets on the cotyledons and baggie, you're running the risk of suffocating/damping off that seedling. Were it mine I'd ditch the "dome", lower the light to 18" if your gonna keep it @20% to prevent stretching and provide air circulation to strengthen stem/roots. Just my 2 cents.
I have it at %20 because the lux reader shows 5600k.

Top Bottom