How much is too much?

• Thread starter Honest Abe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Honest Abe

I was recently watching a video by Jorge Cervantes who had admittedly used too much organic fertilizer resulting in a low oxygen levels in the root zone. He had planted some blue dream in his garden, after having success indoors, into a new bed of organic soil. Now he offers the correction to this, paramecium tea, but what i am curious about is if this is something specific to the strain or if there is a more general guidline when choosing organic mediums to avoid this from the start?

Blaze

Blaze

It's pretty darn hard to over-do organic amendments to that extent - Jorge must have fucked up bad. I would be a bit skeptical of info form Jorge anyway; some of his info is good, but some of it is inaccurate, and once in a while it is just flat out wrong. Your question is pretty broad as well - you're talking about the soil food web, fertilizers, and medium, all of which are topics in of themselves. If you can narrow it down a bit me, or some of the other folks on the site here might be able to point you in the right direction. Otherwise, be prepared to do a LOT of reading.

Top Bottom