How much light for 10 mothers?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Hi all...I am designing a grow space, I pan to become a strain-whore...I'd like to keep around 10 different mothers on hand...how many watts off light do you think I'll need to support them? Will these lights stay on for 18 or 24 hours?

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
I keep about 20 moms under a 4 bulb, 4 foot T8 fluorescent fixture. They are kept small, in 6 inch pots. I'm sure I could get a lot more under there if the strain whore in me really took hold. :)

A

alegoblin

Hererisssh what is your water/nute routine.I also keep moms in 6" but with coco its getting to be a pain with watering everyday.What soil mix are you using for moms.I may go to soil w/ mine.Thanks for any advise,Ale.

H

hererisssh

Premium Member
Supporter
Ale:

I've been in my own mix for a long time but recently had trouble getting some of the ingredients so I switched back to Ocean Forest and add a little extra lime myself. The plants are happy in it for at least 4 months.

Funny though, I'm actually converting to coco with my moms as we speak. I'm looking at a very simple ebb and flow setup (like Texas Kid demonstrated ) to automate the whole process. Then I can deal with just a res.

JH420

JH420

I keep about 20 moms under a 4 bulb, 4 foot T8 fluorescent fixture. They are kept small, in 6 inch pots. I'm sure I could get a lot more under there if the strain whore in me really took hold. :)

OK thats great...I had no idea I could keep that many going under a 4 bulb/4 foot fixture.

A

alegoblin

Funny though, I'm actually converting to coco with my moms as we speak. I'm looking at a very simple ebb and flow setup (like Texas Kid demonstrated here) to automate the whole process. Then I can deal with just a res.

I may implement some type of manual ebb and flow.Thanks for the idea Hererisssh.Peace,Ale.:nod

mace

mace

If you're wanting a way to speculate on how much lighting you need just go for around 60,000 to 100,000 lumens per sqft of space you plan to use.
60k is low light but still strong enough for decent growth and 100k is full sun.

hope that helps

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I can keep 8 to 10 mothers in 2 gallon pots under the 8 bulb 4 foot T 5 set up no problem

M

Mr Green

i just bought a 8 bulb 4 foot t 5 set up the other day and keep 6 mothers under it with no prob...

D

drpressure600

envirolite . .

if your using envirolites, they say two mothers goes under each 200w safely, & a 250w covers a 1.5m square, i used them both & found them great . .

B

boxmunch9

tek-5, 4foot, the 6 bulbs ,two of them, 5 under each. 2 foot tall plants. ten strains seems a bit over the top but to each his own, use like a 5gal bucket and the watering schedule will be like once every 4 days, but train the plants to stay small

or just hang a 400w vertically and make a square around it, you'll get many more clones from the same size plant than you would with overhead lighting

Their moms, and in my experience they dont need a shit ton of light

Top Bottom