how much light leaking is to much light

• Thread starter mdTHC420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mdTHC420

if you are even talking about light leaks, then your probably a hobby grower and you should not really worry about it. ;-)

hahaha... ok. 40 hr a week would say otherwise. sorry for makin sure a few leaks wouldnt be the end of the world. my veg has always been else where from flower so i havent had to deal with a situation like this.

H

hugonaut

leaks are not good last year i did a short season greenhose crop that i framed and had to cover to trigger flowering. It was a sizable area 10' by 60' long. I had some trouble covering this area and was constantly improving areas leaking light through much of cycle. Areas that were getting in light had very noticable yield reduction and early bud set over areas that remained dark. More proof is that I took cuttings from all of these plants and the offspring yielded twice as much. That was proof enough for me leaking light can cause early bud set with tiny buds and reduced yield even with small amount of light, especially if its prolonged such as an adjoining veg room. Seal it up tight

St3ve

St3ve

Its easy to cover light leaks so why risk it? Walk around with black gorilla tape and if you see a hole, tape over it. If its a bigger area tape up some black plastic. Quick, easy, cheap.

M

mdTHC420

Its easy to cover light leaks so why risk it? Walk around with black gorilla tape and if you see a hole, tape over it. If its a bigger area tape up some black plastic. Quick, easy, cheap.

did that yesterday. sealed em all and the seams so not really a problem. was just looking for input from others and thanks for that all.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
word bro - really is best to have all your environmental factors in check - that way if you do get some nanners you know its the genetics and not something you did

Top Bottom