How much light male plants need?

• Thread starter Secret11
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Secret11

Secret11

I got 2 male plants out of 4 regular seeds growing now, they're in second week of flowering stage, dragon flame genetics so it's really good and kinda rare here in Europe so i definitely wanna keep the seeds, how much light do they require? I put them outside of the tent today under window because they're raising my humidity levels inside of the tent and i wanna focus on my 2 females + it's easier to work on them since i put the 2 males under window. Btw they will have their 12 hours of darkness for sure since the move.

I personally think they don't need much but can't find any info online, 8 more weeks of flower stage and i think i should have some good seeds. The ball sacks are pretty big on one but smaller on the other so idk i am also thinking of throwing in the less developed one in my tent for some more time before pollen starts spreading everywhere in 4th week supposedly.

Last edited:
High5_it_in

High5_it_in

Preferably 12 hours still, but maybe the intensity could be reduced? My male plants were dropping pollen pretty quickly. I think they only made it one month, and I'd collected plenty of pollen and whacked them. I did keep a few branches of flowers in a glass of water with plastic wrap on the top they continued to drop pollen. I just shook them twice a day. 🖖 🤙

IMG 7085

growsince79

growsince79

I got 2 male plants out of 4 regular seeds growing now, they're in second week of flowering stage, dragon flame genetics so it's really good and kinda rare here in Europe so i definitely wanna keep the seeds, how much light do they require? I put them outside of the tent today under window because they're raising my humidity levels inside of the tent and i wanna focus on my 2 females + it's easier to work on them since i put the 2 males under window. Btw they will have their 12 hours of darkness for sure since the move.

I personally think they don't need much but can't find any info online, 8 more weeks of flower stage and i think i should have some good seeds. The ball sacks are pretty big on one but smaller on the other so idk i am also thinking of throwing in the less developed one in my tent for some more time before pollen starts spreading everywhere in 4th week supposedly.
The window will work. gl

E

examiner

At the risk of sounding condescending, you do know that a male plant won't just grow seeds by itself, correct?
As to the 2nd point, I'd only risk that if you want to pollinate your whole tent. Good luck!

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Preferably 12 hours still, but maybe the intensity could be reduced? My male plants were dropping pollen pretty quickly. I think they only made it one month, and I'd collected plenty of pollen and whacked them. I did keep a few branches of flowers in a glass of water with plastic wrap on the top they continued to drop pollen. I just shook them twice a day. 🖖 🤙

View attachment 1296848
Ooh. Let's do lines.

Secret11

Secret11

At the risk of sounding condescending, you do know that a male plant won't just grow seeds by itself, correct?
As to the 2nd point, I'd only risk that if you want to pollinate your whole tent. Good luck!
What do you mean by male plant won't just grow seeds by itself? I don't understand anything about male cannabis growing i've only grown females up until now./

E

examiner

I'm sure I'm getting trolled, but if not ..... Google is your friend. Good luck.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

What do you mean by male plant won't just grow seeds by itself? I don't understand anything about male cannabis growing i've only grown females up until now./
Think of it like females can have baby's and males can't.

Top Bottom