How much lighting? Opinions needed =)

• Thread starter stillcantroll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stillcantroll

Hey there ladies and gents,

I'm about to invest in a new grow space. It's 10 foot by 16 foot, and i'm wondering how many 1000w bulbs can I get away with in this given space? My goal is to grow vertical trees in hempy buckets, so any ideas as to the most efficient layout given these variables would be fantastic.

My initial idea was 6 lights, but maybe thats being too generous.

Thoughts?

M

Mmmmasonite

we always use a 1000 watter per 4x4ft -5x5ft square area..... I think 6 1000s would be perfect.....Peace

J

Jalisco Kid

It depends on your strain, I aim for 70w/sq´´ when designing for trees. Remember you will need 3´´ dia for the 1000w so you do not scorch the leaves.JK

S

stillcantroll

Thanks so much for the replies :)

It depends on your strain, I aim for 70w/sq´´ when designing for trees. Remember you will need 3´´ dia for the 1000w so you do not scorch the leaves.JK

I guess I'll have to see how these phenos do under these conditions. Ill be running " blue god ", which I only have SOG experience with. It's a very dense, squat, indica dominant strain. Can the 3 foot diameter be mitigated with cooltubes? I was planning on using them regardless.

EDIT: I'm actually quite a fan of your posts JK, and I know you aren't a fan of cooltubes, and prefer adding more AC to compensate for the additional heat. I'm unfortunately very limited on my budget right now, and I'll be forced to use cooltubes and fans for my cooling needs at this stage... AC / sealed / Co2 will have to come later.

S

skatwill1227

I would run 8 1000 watters in that space through cool tubes with cooled with a 12" vortex with passive intake and 2 window a/c's through the wall. go 12/12 from clone and pack them suckers in 3 per sq. ft

8000/160 sq ft = 50 watt psf

R

Randyb

you could even go bigger with 10-12000 but as stated above use cool tubes and use 16" fans placed under each one blowing straight up at it. I've seen this done and the plants could stay pretty close with no burn as the heat is blasted straight up to the ceiling. Vent all the tubes outside.

Top Bottom