How much longer does the stretch happen

• Thread starter landman77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

landman77

I'm a few days into the 3rd week of flowering and everyday I open my grow box the tops are almost touching the light. I'm running a 400w hps, 6 to 8" from canopy, then I raise it a few inches and they are right up there again. I keep moving it until the lux meter reads 70-80k. A friend in the industry got me a few clones of Cap Junky and Blue Zushi and I can't find a lot of info on growing them. I have about 2' left before I can't raise the light anymore. I pulled these ones out so I could take a picture since the light screws with my camera. Any info would help.
How much longer does the stretch happen 2
How much longer does the stretch happen

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

most strain will stretch for 3-4 weeks after 12-12 flip, some sativa can stretch for a longer time.

L

landman77

most strain will stretch for 3-4 weeks after 12-12 flip, some sativa can stretch for a longer time.
Thank you, luckily they are 50/50 hybrids. I haven't grown in 10 years and I forgot how much they can stretch.

Newty

Newty

In my 80" tall tent, flipping around the 5th or 6th week keeps me from running out of space to raise my light. I'm hoping now that I'm getting into scrog, I can push them a couple more weeks before flipping.

K

KeyFingerFlying

Kinda depends on the genetics but plants can really grow tall even after flipping they still will grow some taller

S

SunnySolutions22

Most strains stretch for 2-4 weeks after flipping, but some can surprise you with extra growth spurts.

7munkee

7munkee

Dont be afraid to bend them down. Squeeze a spot on the branch a few times to break the fibers of the stem. It will drop down but heal itslef and begin to go back up after a day or so. It is much better than scorching your tender buds.

Top Bottom