How much longer? Trichome pictures

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrGood

MrGood

Maybe another 1-2 weeks.. You’re looking for 10%-20% amber colored Trichomes. How far along are you already in flowering?

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

In the middle of my 9th week (not counting the first two weeks of 12/12 that the plant was in until it created the little starting buds)

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

In the middle of my 9th week (not counting the first two weeks of 12/12 that the plant was in until it created the little starting buds)
You are in week 11.

Flower starts the (i say) first full day of 12/12 or as others say the day you flip to 12/12.

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

That’s exciting. This is a bag seed from my friend’s grinder that sat there for god knows how long. I’m guessing this is a sativa leaning hybrid then. I was hoping it was sativa! I’ve always been confused about flowering times because some people on this forum tell me to count from the day the buds form, and others count from the day lights are flipped.

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Will do! I’ve heard flushing isn’t necessary if you’re using organic nutrients. Is that true?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Your comment about still clear trichomes is spot on. You don’t want to harvest clear trichomes and I saw no amber. The number of weeks in flower is a base guide that should not be used for harvest purposes.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Looking very shiny still so I think there are still a lot of clear. Maybe a little more than 50/50 now of milky

It looks like you grow outside? I do, in Northern California. My plants are a little further along than yours, at mostly cloudy with starts of amber on the sugar leaves. I could harvest mine now, with hardly any clear trichomes and call it a win. However, we don’t always get these beautiful sunny days so late in the year, so in years like this, I leave the plants grow some a bit more amber.
If you are outside, at this point in your trichomes development, I would be letting them develop as long as the weather permitted.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey girl , that's a home run grow show , the plant is definitely sativa leaning , the " leaf to calyx " ratio is fantastic , that means nice fat buds with less leaf to trim resulting in a great bag appeal and hefty bud ...
I'd give it ten more days if your numbers are correct , though 11 weeks , seems like it should be done , it dosent look like a 12 or 14 week " pure sativa "
Are you sure about those numbers ?
11 weeks would be ......almost 80 days ,

Either way , first grow ? Bag seed from grinder
Amazing job = home run

dire wolf

dire wolf

Can you tell us your grow medium , feed and light ?
So others can follow your footsteps

dire wolf

dire wolf

That’s exciting. This is a bag seed from my friend’s grinder that sat there for god knows how long. I’m guessing this is a sativa leaning hybrid then. I was hoping it was sativa! I’ve always been confused about flowering times because some people on this forum tell me to count from the day the buds form, and others count from the day lights are flipped.
Count from the day you set lights to 12/12 not when you see buds
Counting when you see bud is COMPLETELY wrong

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Hey girl , that's a home run grow show , the plant is definitely sativa leaning , the " leaf to calyx " ratio is fantastic , that means nice fat buds with less leaf to trim resulting in a great bag appeal and hefty bud ...
I'd give it ten more days if your numbers are correct , though 11 weeks , seems like it should be done , it dosent look like a 12 or 14 week " pure sativa "
Are you sure about those numbers ?
11 weeks would be ......almost 80 days ,

Either way , first grow ? Bag seed from grinder
Amazing job = home run

Thanks direwolf! :D

If I count from the very first day I flipped my lights, it just finished week 11 today.

I was trying to keep this first grow low cost, so my light is not that great i've been told. But it seems to do the trick for me! I would've been happy if this plant gave me 10 tiny popcorn buds. I had zero expectations so I'm pleasantly surprised with how she has been growing :)

Grow medium = fox farms ocean forest
Light = from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQ55VYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nutrients: 1 table spoon of Dr Jimz chicken soup for the soil: cannabis per one gallon of water https://drjimz.com/products/chicken-soup-for-the-soil-grower-buds

Obsessive, meticulous checks on the entire plant nearly every night because what else do I have to do in lockdown and i'm already obsessed with house plants (i have 53 non-cannabis plants growing in my apartment already).

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Oh, and I also did a leaf strip during veg, and then another before i flipped it into flower! I think the pictures in my profile that I have uploaded show my leaf strips.

Latest posts

Top Bottom