How much longer? Trichome pictures

• Thread starter Girlonbikes
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dire wolf

dire wolf

Thanks direwolf! :D

If I count from the very first day I flipped my lights, it just finished week 11 today.

I was trying to keep this first grow low cost, so my light is not that great i've been told. But it seems to do the trick for me! I would've been happy if this plant gave me 10 tiny popcorn buds. I had zero expectations so I'm pleasantly surprised with how she has been growing :)

Grow medium = fox farms ocean forest
Light = from amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TQ55VYN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Nutrients: 1 table spoon of Dr Jimz chicken soup for the soil: cannabis per one gallon of water https://drjimz.com/products/chicken-soup-for-the-soil-grower-buds

Obsessive, meticulous checks on the entire plant nearly every night because what else do I have to do in lockdown and i'm already obsessed with house plants (i have 53 non-cannabis plants growing in my apartment already).
H O M E R U N
Next do a nice long dry , cure and storage ......

Also , nice organic feed program , should taste great
I think you questioned " flush"
Yea , I would just stop adding any more soup or nutrients , otherwise should be great regardless of a flush , I don't think any flush is necessary

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

thank you so much! i've seen other people's pictures and their buds seem to be way larger than mine so i thought i wasn't doing a good job. glad to hear it isn't as bad as i thought :D

i'm very excited for the organic feed program. i was reading that with organics it isn't as important to flush as with chemicalsynthetic nutrients.

should i leave all the leaves on the plant as i hang them to dry? or would i trim all of it off and then hang them to dry? i was thinking of using the same tent they are going in, and leaving the fan on and dehumidifier the whole time, but unplugging my light

dire wolf

dire wolf

thank you so much! i've seen other people's pictures and their buds seem to be way larger than mine so i thought i wasn't doing a good job. glad to hear it isn't as bad as i thought :D

i'm very excited for the organic feed program. i was reading that with organics it isn't as important to flush as with chemicalsynthetic nutrients.

should i leave all the leaves on the plant as i hang them to dry? or would i trim all of it off and then hang them to dry? i was thinking of using the same tent they are going in, and leaving the fan on and dehumidifier the whole time, but unplugging my light
Hey G , opinions on this subject vary and sometimes extremely , personally , I like to trim off ALL large fan leaves , while the plant is still in the soil and alive , once the plant is removed or killed the large leaves droop immediately and it just becomes more difficult to snip close down the stem
Next I would hit all small and tiny leaf , if small , cut it off at stem , if tiny , cut off a third or so , that way you won't loose too many trichromes

You have an advantage , since your bud is not loaded with leaf as might be seen in some strains , so you will get a nice clean bud , already light on leaf matter ...

Hanging like you described in the tent will be great , but it can take a lot longer if you leave the plant intact , the other choice is to run a twine across the tent , and cut off branches individual
Hang them to dry , will still dry quicker , should take about a week in 60% humidity or more , with the roots it will be messy and take longer , I've found no advantage of hanging with root , it won't make your finished bud taste better or be stronger .....
But that's just my opinion

Definitely wait till the branch " snaps" dry , bagging or bottle damp or not dry stem or bud will screw up your harvest ...

Also I'll explain my paper bag " finish" dry
I'll explain it later , my fingers are tired !

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Hey G , opinions on this subject vary and sometimes extremely , personally , I like to trim off ALL large fan leaves , while the plant is still in the soil and alive , once the plant is removed or killed the large leaves droop immediately and it just becomes more difficult to snip close down the stem
Next I would hit all small and tiny leaf , if small , cut it off at stem , if tiny , cut off a third or so , that way you won't loose too many trichromes

You have an advantage , since your bud is not loaded with leaf as might be seen in some strains , so you will get a nice clean bud , already light on leaf matter ...

Hanging like you described in the tent will be great , but it can take a lot longer if you leave the plant intact , the other choice is to run a twine across the tent , and cut off branches individual
Hang them to dry , will still dry quicker , should take about a week in 60% humidity or more , with the roots it will be messy and take longer , I've found no advantage of hanging with root , it won't make your finished bud taste better or be stronger .....
But that's just my opinion

Definitely wait till the branch " snaps" dry , bagging or bottle damp or not dry stem or bud will screw up your harvest ...

Also I'll explain my paper bag " finish" dry
I'll explain it later , my fingers are tired !

this is awesome advice thank you so much! So it would be okay to snip off the lonely plain fan leaves without trichomes and hang the branches to dry and clip off the tips of any leaves that are sticking out of the bud?

the rh in my tent is usually around 50-60%. No more than 60%.

I clipped off two popcorn buds to dry off earlier this week on Monday and have them curing in a jar but they’re still pretty dry. I think they dried out too much because they were whispy and I left them in front of a fan thinking that would speed up the dry...they don’t smell like weed though, they smell like plant. Makes me think they probably won’t be very potent. I did snip them off a week or so ago though, so any trichomes on them are probably clear since they were lower on the plant.

I’m impatient to try some 😁 but trying to be patient with the rest of the plant.

dire wolf

dire wolf

Yes , do that ....
The humidity is in a good zone for drying ...could take less than a week

Green smell has little to do with potency , if you grew out to maturity and have trichomes
You will get stoned no matter the smell

If you over dried the popcorn bud , you can take a dry piece of lemon rind without the pulp
Or small piece of carrot and put it in the jar with the bud to re hydrate it

The plant smell is probably because you dried too quickly and the chlorophyll didn't have a chance to evaporate

Just my experience , everything I advise can be wrong .....
But probably isn't

dire wolf

dire wolf

Also it's common thought to believe that clear milky trichomes give a more up living " lighter" high
And the darker will result in heavy or " couch lock "
I've found this to be fairly accurate

I don't like pushing my sativas too dark , so you should be ready soon .....

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

Also it's common thought to believe that clear milky trichomes give a more up living " lighter" high
And the darker will result in heavy or " couch lock "
I've found this to be fairly accurate

I don't like pushing my sativas too dark , so you should be ready soon .....
Yeah I’m definitely not looking for a couch lock high if these are sativa. I prefer sativa so I’m hoping for energetic/creative

Girlonbikes

Girlonbikes

I’m finding mostly clear and milky right now but noticed that one out of the 15 or so tops on my plant has some amber but I don’t think it’s very widespread and it seems to be only a couple.

CCC487F8 946B 48BC AE3D E7A8F11B78D3
3F88A048 2080 4A9C AD14 F0FF1722854A
892F43FC 2C26 4EC9 9CC6 868606D14C10
7B36BF34 3D3C 4F59 8838 C896D18EE4FD
5C887629 AC21 48E7 AA4F 5825C2884609
1DDAC617 9089 4EAC A1C2 350C53D0DBF3
8A60BB92 0498 4F0C A93F CC904C12EF59
F1655F17 5B27 496F A5DF 70F69C924BA6
Top Bottom