How much lux is bad lux......

• Thread starter GreatWhiteShart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

how much are you guys hitting at canopy?
I usually run about 13 to 15 inches off.
Got a tsw2000 (100k), its way brighter then my phytomax 2(56k)

I guess if you are not enriching with co2, what is your target light strength?

How much lux is bad lux
How much lux is bad lux 2
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Seedling 10k
Veg 15-45k 18/6 light cycle
Flower 45-65k
Start at the low end and work up. Some can handle a bit more.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I want to use co2
Just can't imagine those co2 bags do that much!
And i think you need a controller right?
IMO for CO2 you want to have full environmental control Ina sealed room. Which means ideally controllers, AC, heat, dehumidifier, humidifier. And depending on space there are options for CO2.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Not sure about lux. Most youtube experts measure in PAR, for best results between 600 and 1000 PAR is optimal without CO2. But 400 PAR is fine. You can go up to 2000 and beyond PAR, but you'll need to supplement CO2, along with aminos and much higher amount of nutes.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Not sure about lux. Most youtube experts measure in PAR, for best results between 600 and 1000 PAR is optimal without CO2. But 400 PAR is fine. You can go up to 2000 and beyond PAR, but you'll need to supplement CO2, along with aminos and much higher amount of nutes.
PAR meters are expensive. Most smartphones can measure LUX with a free or cheap app. 😁

NewWorld

NewWorld

PAR meters are expensive. Most smartphones can measure LUX with a free or cheap app. 😁
Migro in one of his videos shows you how to roughly convert. Everything i know about lighting either came from him or Harley Smith. Waste hours watching their videos.
PS I'm now rocking that LUX app 😂 it's addictive

GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

Lux is a down and dirty way to check light intensity.
As far as what light is usable by the plant, you should already know what spectrum your light puts out when you build/buy it!

Top Bottom