How much nutes do i give my plants?

• Thread starter 420VISION
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420VISION

im using fox farm big grow and big bloom

my plant is 6 weeks old

my question is do i give them 1 gallon of nutes per plant

or 1 gallon of nutes for all my 5 plants?

S

smokestack23

Welll...you mix up some nutes according to instructions on the bottle (sorry..not familiar with FF stuff) or preferably at like half or 3/4 recommended strength and give them as much as they need. Depending on your medium and method. If it's soil or soiless (sunshine, promix, coco...) you give them enough to saturate the medium.
No one can tell you if that's a gallon..we don't know the size of your "buckets" or medium. Like...if you're using 12oz plastic cups a gallon is too much. If you're using 45 gallon drums as plant pots...a gallon isnt enough.

The question you're asking is like saying...is one pound of butter enough for my potatoes? Depends on how many potatoes you cooked and if they're baked, mashed, fries....

Is 3 quarts of oil enough for an engine?? DEPENDS

420VISION

Welll...you mix up some nutes according to instructions on the bottle (sorry..not familiar with FF stuff) or preferably at like half or 3/4 recommended strength and give them as much as they need. Depending on your medium and method. If it's soil or soiless (sunshine, promix, coco...) you give them enough to saturate the medium.
No one can tell you if that's a gallon..we don't know the size of your "buckets" or medium. Like...if you're using 12oz plastic cups a gallon is too much. If you're using 45 gallon drums as plant pots...a gallon isnt enough.

The question you're asking is like saying...is one pound of butter enough for my potatoes? Depends on how many potatoes you cooked and if they're baked, mashed, fries....

Is 3 quarts of oil enough for an engine?? DEPENDS

well im using 5 gallon buckets soil for outdoor growing

im asking cuz i don't want to give them 1 gallon each and have them burn so im looking for a experienced grower i want these babies to get bigger

sky high

sky high

I suggest you feed according to the directions on the bottle every 3rd watering if you are freaked you'll overdose em.

Feed-water-water-feed/etc..... Adjust yer nutes according to what your eyes see.

use as much water as it takes to see runoff comin out of the bucket whether you use fert or not....

good luck

420VISION

I suggest you feed according to the directions on the bottle every 3rd watering if you are freaked you'll overdose em.

Feed-water-water-feed/etc..... Adjust yer nutes according to what your eyes see.

use as much water as it takes to see runoff comin out of the bucket whether you use fert or not....

good luck

so 1 gallon per plant wouldn't hurt the plants?

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
No. 1 gallon of water with nutes mixed in will probably not be enough for 5 gallon containers. You want to water like Skyhigh said. Water until it runs out the bottom of the container. If it took 20 gallons it wouldn't matter because the concentration of nutes in the water is the same so no matter how much you put in. So don't worry about the amount of water as much as the amount of nutes you mix in the water and how the plant responds to it. I'm guessing it will take almost 2 gallons of water for a 5 gallon bucket. Read sky highs post again (forgot to quote it...)and I think you'll be on your way. Good luck

fred

420VISION

No. 1 gallon of water with nutes mixed in will probably not be enough for 5 gallon containers. You want to water like Skyhigh said. Water until it runs out the bottom of the container. If it took 20 gallons it wouldn't matter because the concentration of nutes in the water is the same so no matter how much you put in. So don't worry about the amount of water as much as the amount of nutes you mix in the water and how the plant responds to it. I'm guessing it will take almost 2 gallons of water for a 5 gallon bucket. Read sky highs post again (forgot to quote it...)and I think you'll be on your way. Good luck

fred

sounds good thanks im going to try that

major props

W

WildCajun

I drench the soil in the pot every time i water/feed my giirls ,until i have run off then you feel the pot haw heavy it is and learn when it is light to water again ,Happy Farming ,Cajun

Bobbysr26

Bobbysr26

Ok I have a plant that I haven’t fed at all. Plant is 4 months old. Showing signs of nitrogen deficiency. I bought some fox farms big bloom. How should I start feeding this girl so I don’t destroy her. It’s a outside grow in a 20 gallon pot. This is my first grow ever.

6CBF7F00 8697 4934 98D8 D56A6CDF6B65

Latest posts

Top Bottom