How much shaping can be done?

• Thread starter greytooth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greytooth

Hypothetically, if you were to cut off the outer bud sites from a limb, would the lower bud sites grow more?
I often find that the bud sites closest to the main stalk are puny when there are more sites further out..
Would cutting off the outer bud sites work in a way similar to topping, ie. encouraging growth lower down/closer to the main stalk?

What it looks like
Where to cut
What it might look like
jagle

jagle

thinka bout light bud sites cloest to stalk dont get as much light as its under the canopy and fan leafs, other buds push themselves out and so can have more chance to grow

but i dunno cant answer yourr question, just seems to be more then 1 variable

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a staggered harvest you're asking about, and lots of people do it. But you want to look at it from a top-down, or bottom-up view, instead of outside-in. Take top/higher buds, then let lower buds mature.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

why not just defoliate leaf material? that way light reaches all of the bud sites and none are underdeveloped or removed.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I personally have found that, with specific regard to indoor growing, it's not worth keeping any lower bud sites. They just never quite seem to reach their potential and seem to truly be more of a draw on the plant's energies than is worth what I get out of them. Outdoors is different, but I've never pulled off the staggered harvey thing, always just end up chopping the whole girl and throwing her upside down into the basement.

Top Bottom