How much should I defoliate before scrog.

• Thread starter Kevuk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

They don’t mean that they grow exactly back in that spot you snipped but more fan leaves grow out. Smart ass lol always trying to find any flaw in everyone’s posts
Not looking for flaws anywhere. I just keep hearing people repeat that line without explaining. Its like they just repeat what they read online. Some of the newbies actually believe the cut leaves grow back.

Kevuk

Kevuk

Thanks for all the advice.

Gonna snip a few of the bigger fan leaves tomo. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m scared of going too far in case they hermie, but I know they need thinning out.

Spent 2 hours weaving and repositioning tops tonight. Crazy how much time you can spend/lose doing that.

The LST before scrog worked well. All 6 plants are virtually horizontal under the screen. The H pattern the pots are in, worked as I anticipated.

8 days into 12/12 now. I’m expecting stretch in the next week, but I’m hoping the horizontal stems and multiple tops will reduce it.

Observationist

Observationist

Thanks for all the advice.

Gonna snip a few of the bigger fan leaves tomo. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m scared of going too far in case they hermie, but I know they need thinning out.
is it known to hermie easily?

Observationist

Observationist

I heard dosidos has a reputation for hermies, but I love it.

Showboat is moonbow (dosidos x zkittlez) x sunset sherbet mum crossed with a dosidos male.
ahh ok i see the concern.

Observationist

Observationist

in my brief experience, in general, these plants can handle a lot of shit.

Kevuk

Kevuk

I might be wrong but I think feminised seeds are behind a lot of hermie issues.

I ran a pack of regulars this time because I wanted to find a couple of keepers for mums.

These cuts rooted super quick and exploded out of solo cups so I know they got a good start and haven’t been overly stressed at any point.

It’s nice doing your own rather than buying cuts. Def know what you’ve got too.

I’ve not grown for over a year. My last run was with cuts from the hydro shop.

They weren’t what they said they were. I knew as soon as the smell developed and was pissed off for the rest of the grow. Then I had to smoke what seemed like endless jars of it.

I hate amnesia haze and the smell is unmistakable. Never bought a cut since.

Kevuk

Kevuk

I took a few where things were really bushy to improve airflow. Didn’t go crazy.
671BA490 A3D3 422E B47E 556477C3E828

4687FB98 164E 4A89 B2B7 CEF5E2F8E768

FAC3503C 98BB 42B4 9FEA 37B6FE1F2AB8

Observationist

Observationist

They weren’t what they said they were. I knew as soon as the smell developed and was pissed off for the rest of the grow. Then I had to smoke what seemed like endless jars of it.

I hate amnesia haze and the smell is unmistakable. Never bought a cut since.
i hate any Haze.

this is also why i dont bother with "strains/names" as much, without genetic testing and "comparable samples", i feel its fucking useless.

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I grew out a pack of 10 dos si dos with only one promising mother but the funny thing was in my mother room all my mothers are kept on 18 hours light and the rest dark no interruptions nothing changed in the tent nothing to induce stress but she looked like she was starting to preflower..... didn't wanna jeopardize my other mothers and disposed of her and I can assure she was a photo period not auto

Observationist

Observationist

18 hours light and the rest dark no interruptions nothing changed in the tent nothing to induce stress but she looked like she was starting to preflower..... didn't wanna jeopardize my other mothers and disposed of her and I can assure she was a photo period not auto
How would it jeopardize the other mothers?

wonder if wrong seed got placed in?

nature just does shit sometimes lol

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

How would it jeopardize the other mothers?

wonder if wrong seed got placed in?

nature just does shit sometimes lol
Well I know she wasnt a auto because I cloned her and saw the pheno was worth keeping so by the time this happened she was about 8 months in vegg so it would have auto flowered much earlier 😆 and I can't keep a pheno that isent stable does me no good I don't want babys to hermi I don't really have the time to try predicting if it was worth keeping or not don't have the most real-estate and.....I don't want pollen to pollinate any other plants or accidentally have pollen on me and go into flowering room

Observationist

Observationist

Well I know she wasnt a auto because I cloned her and saw the pheno was worth keeping so by the time this happened she was about 8 months in vegg so it would have auto flowered much earlier 😆 and I can't keep a pheno that isent stable does me no good I don't want babys to hermi I don't really have the time to try predicting if it was worth keeping or not don't have the most real-estate and.....I don't want pollen to pollinate any other plants or accidentally have pollen on me and go into flowering room
ok sweet, gotcha.

Kevuk

Kevuk

I grew out a pack of 10 dos si dos with only one promising mother but the funny thing was in my mother room all my mothers are kept on 18 hours light and the rest dark no interruptions nothing changed in the tent nothing to induce stress but she looked like she was starting to preflower..... didn't wanna jeopardize my other mothers and disposed of her and I can assure she was a photo period not auto

Was that Archive, Barneys or someone else’s?

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

Was that Archive, Barneys or someone else’s?
Crop king seeds I was actually satisfied with there gelato the phenos where pretty nice I'd say almost stable super similar when I sprouted 5 out of 10 pack but the dos si dos was 💩 can't all be winners my newest seeds I'm introducing is "planet of the grapes" from ethos

Kevuk

Kevuk

Crop king seeds I was actually satisfied with there gelato the phenos where pretty nice I'd say almost stable super similar when I sprouted 5 out of 10 pack but the dos si dos was 💩 can't all be winners my newest seeds I'm introducing is "planet of the grapes" from ethos

I smoked some barneys dosidos. Was ok but it wasn’t dosi.

My mate grew some purple city genetics which hermied real bad, was his fault though.

Hoping Archive will be 🔥

AlfaDog

AlfaDog

I smoked some barneys dosidos. Was ok but it wasn’t dosi.

My mate grew some purple city genetics which hermied real bad, was his fault though.

Hoping Archive will be 🔥
Problem with many genetics is they been stepped on so much and there genetic pools are so muddy i heard fruity pebbles and runtz is kinds like that but many people that grow dos si dos say there phenos looks great but it's missing the nose or they herm if your lucky you will stumble on a good pheno there's one out there just haven't found it

Kevuk

Kevuk

I think it’s people taking shortcuts a lot of the time. They takes someone’s work, sprinkle a bit of silver on it and sell feminised seeds that are prone to herm.

I never buy seeds from companies that sell only feminized seeds.

I took the long route this time. Pack of regular seeds from Archive and kept the best females.

They are starting to stretch now.

Top Bottom