How much to remove of lower sites

• Thread starter FosterOg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FosterOg

just entering week 3 of flowering for my pink kush. I’m wondering how far down should I remove bud sites and when I should stop removing smaller growth. It’s my first photo and I’m trying to push it without overdoing it . Also I’ve noticed some of the fan leaves seem to curl down and inward. It’s been this way for a while. I’m just wondering if it’s a sign of some issue.

How much to remove of lower sites
How much to remove of lower sites 2
How much to remove of lower sites 3
How much to remove of lower sites 4
How much to remove of lower sites 5
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I think everyone will agree. Everything off 1/3 of the way up the plant from the bottom for best air flow.

I am what most folks call a hard core pruner. Above the 1/3 line.
If a small branch with a bud on top will not grow up threw the canopy so the light can ripen the bud, I remove it.

A lot of guys are growing for volume and they don't thin a plant out as much as I do. My interest is in producing only the very best top cola bud on the top of each stalk as I can so I go around and remove all unwanted bud sights bellow the tops. Slowly little buy little over a few weeks I turn a bucket upside down beside my plant, sit myself down and clean them up one little bit at a time. I usually grow 4 large plants a season. I take everything off just bellow the canopy leaving only the top cola buds to ripen. It' just depends on what you want from your plant in the end.

My plants go from this wild little bush.

To this all pruned up over a few weeks. A little at a time.

I'm a very hands on grower. I touch every plant every day. My indoor Cannabonzai plants get the same treatment.
A few others will chime in and share there experiences as well. Best be ready to learn something.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I’m wondering how far down should I remove bud sites and when I should stop removing smaller growth.
There's some debate about whether the larfy buds are worth keeping. They don't seem to provide much that's useful, so I cut off most of them. That lower growth takes nutrients away from the more desirable upper growth.

Also I’ve noticed some of the fan leaves seem to curl down and inward. It’s been this way for a while. I’m just wondering if it’s a sign of some issue.
The leaf tip curl or "clawing" is most likely a symptom of nitrogen toxicity—too much nitrogen. I don't think of it as a problem unless it's severe and there are other symptoms. Your plant is flowering, so you should be using bloom nutrients that are typically lower in nitrogen than vegetation nutrients.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
“fan leaves seem to curl down and inward“

If it’s not been mentioned that’s called clawing it’s from too much n

You want to dial back on the n in flower and up the p/k

Plants use little n in flower and the amount stored in the fan leaves will last the plants a while so it’s best to get on top of it now rather than later as excess n at the end isn’t good

Other than that the plant look nice bud

Latest posts

Top Bottom