How much water should 7 gallon smart pots get?

• Thread starter Mycriot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mycriot

Mycriot

I’m currently using 7 gallon smart pots with vermifire soil. I water every other day with about 3/4 of a gallon each time. I’m not sure why the bottom leaves are yellowing at week 5. Could this be too little water. They don’t wilt just turning yellow. They have also been getting plenty of food (house and garden nutrient line)

How much water should 7 gallon smart pots get
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You need to post a lot more info to get a proper response. Nutrients? Temp? RH?
Etc. check fir bugs?
A close up pic of one plant would also help.
From the pic you posted possibly a nitrogen deficiency. But that’s a shot in the dark at this point:)

Mycriot

Mycriot

You need to post a lot more info to get a proper response. Nutrients? Temp? RH?
Etc. check fir bugs?
A close up pic of one plant would also help.
From the pic you posted possibly a nitrogen deficiency. But that’s a shot in the dark at this point:)
House and garden nutes, temps have been in the low 80s during the day high 50s at night, rh has been about 50%. No bug that I can see even with a microscope.

growsince79

growsince79

So I should be giving them more less frequently? And how much more?
Depending on the mix, 7 gallon of soil might hold 2 gallons. That's over 15lbs of water it needs to use before watering again.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Depending on the mix, 7 gallon of soil might hold 2 gallons. That's over 15lbs of water it needs to use before watering again.
My 3 gallon pots take 1 gallon of water my 5 gallon pots take 2 gallons of water @ 1 3/4 gallons I don't get enough run off so I feed and water with 2 g at a time....7 gallon pots ?? 3 gallons water??

Should be a math problem at school if 3 gal pots take 1 gal water how much water will 7 gal pots need? lol........my hands up with 3 fingers waving......lol.......I smoke too much sometimes.😁😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom