how often and what speed should my exhaust fan be running at.? (Explanation down below) :)

• Thread starter TheGreenGroomer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

hey guys i am growing with the full AC infinity 3x3 grow tent kit
x1 240W LED Light
x2 Oscillating Fans
x1 6'' Exhaust Fan + Carbon Filter
supplying co2
(controlling it all by the controller 69pro) via ac app

if my temps and rh are dialed in especially my vpd do i have to run the exhaust fan still to remove some of that air?
currently im just having the exhaust fan kick on every hour for 20mins at a speed of 1..... if i put the speed higher it makes the humidifer kick on constantly hence the sched
im just wondering if anyone has any experience and could tell me how often i should be running it and what speed should i use ect as im left confused new time grower ;)

any help is appreciated
posted in coco as i could not find a forum for equipment ect :)

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I think how it runs depends on the room the tent is in and the age of the plants. Mine doesn't run all the time. It's triggered by temperature. It'll run more often when the light intensity is increased.

Newty

Newty

I'm also full AC Infinity controlled (8x4, 8" exhaust), I run mine 24/7 set with an advanced automation of a minimum speed of 3 with a temp trigger of 78 with a 2 degree transition temp. I always believed you should continuously run exhaust and circulation fans, more fresh air that is cycled the better for the plants. When the lights go off, some will have lower fan speeds at night or have them shut off for 15 minutes every hour.

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

i understand that later i the plants growth life i will have to run the exhaust as temps will be higher due to more output from the light ect
but in seedling stage would it be fine to not run it so much ? unless climate isnt dialed :)

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

I'm also full AC Infinity controlled (8x4, 8" exhaust), I run mine 24/7 set with an advanced automation of a minimum speed of 3 with a temp trigger of 78 with a 2 degree transition temp. I always believed you should continuously run exhaust and circulation fans, more fresh air that is cycled the better for the plants. When the lights go off, some will have lower fan speeds at night or have them shut off for 15 minutes every hour.
thankyou buddy appreciated man im just trying to save as much money on energy as possible its killing me i guess ill do the 15mins every hour in the night and run it constantly once the plant hits late veg stage or something as right now im in the seedling stage

Newty

Newty

i understand that later i the plants growth life i will have to run the exhaust as temps will be higher due to more output from the light ect
but in seedling stage would it be fine to not run it so much ? unless climate isnt dialed :)
I don't see a big issue in the seedling stage, they won't be at that stage long but I would still at least cycle the air out a couple times a day for a little bit if you're not going to run them continuously.

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

thankyou buddy appreciated man im just trying to save as much money on energy as possible its killing me i guess ill do the 15mins every hour in the night and run it constantly once the plant hits late veg stage or something as right now im in the seedling stage
the only thing that will help your power bill is the lights fans you can run 24 hours for maybe 10 to 15 cents a day i think my ac infinity exhaust fan use 65 watts an hour thats 1560 watts every 24 hour i pay around 10 cents a kilowatt so thats like 15 cents a day for me

Newty

Newty

You honestly are not going to see a big change in electric bill just from the fans, most of your electrical expense is going to come from high wattage equipment such as your lights, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, air conditioner, etc

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

yes i agree thanks man im currently running it for 20mins every hour at a speed of 1 sometimes ill give it a hour to extract then through the night i set it to low vpd and have it off through the night but keep my oscillating fans on

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

i got 2 tents including lights and fans it cost me around 2.50 a day on my power bill heating and cooling is what cost

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

the only thing that will help your power bill is the lights fans you can run 24 hours for maybe 10 to 15 cents a day i think my ac infinity exhaust fan use 65 watts an hour thats 1560 watts every 24 hour i pay around 10 cents a kilowatt so thats like 15 cents a day for me
wow dude im not sure how much exactly how many watts my setup is pulling from the wall but it rinsed 20pounds in 2 days.??? yeh ino haha

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

You honestly are not going to see a big change in electric bill just from the fans, most of your electrical expense is going to come from high wattage equipment such as your lights, humidifier, dehumidifier, heater, air conditioner, etc
thanks buddy

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

im in the uk so i think are rates for energy right now are high hence why im trying to find out exactly how long and power i should be running my exhaust so im not just wasting money lmao :)

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

Seriously? What is that, $25 USD? My 8x4 with two 400 watt lights, 8" exhaust, 4" intake, and humidifier cost me around $125 from seed to harvest.
yeah dude seriously haha ive been tracking the meter i live with my parents and they was out for the 2days so they wasnt using power it was just my setup and my pc for the 2 days and it used 15pound wow thats great man

Newty

Newty

yeah dude seriously haha ive been tracking the meter i live with my parents and they was out for the 2days so they wasnt using power it was just my setup and my pc for the 2 days and it used 15pound wow thats great man
The house didn't have refrigerators, freezers, or other appliances running at all during these times?

TheGreenGroomer

TheGreenGroomer

high temps wont be a problem for me as it does not get hot in my room so my exhaust wont be needed for high temps im sure

budsofgeorgia

budsofgeorgia

no its like a total of 50 usd a month extra on my light bill

Top Bottom