How often do I feed Beneficial Microbes sugars

• Thread starter iBudman420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

iBudman420

Hello Everyone, I'm wondering how often should I feed the beneficial microbes in my soil. I use advanced nutrients Voodoo Juice, Piranha, and tarantula which is supposed to contain beneficial microbes and from there I use carboload as a sugar source. I was using Carboload at 4ML a gallon every watering but I'm pretty sure that was way to much so any insights on the matter would be helpful. Also if you just wanna bash Advanced nutrients please save your breath.

N

Natep

I add fpj every watering. It has a shit ton of sugar in it.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Hello Everyone, I'm wondering how often should I feed the beneficial microbes in my soil. I use advanced nutrients Voodoo Juice, Piranha, and tarantula which is supposed to contain beneficial microbes and from there I use carboload as a sugar source. I was using Carboload at 4ML a gallon every watering but I'm pretty sure that was way to much so any insights on the matter would be helpful. Also if you just wanna bash Advanced nutrients please save your breath.
Every watering,.you can half dose it too if you want no problem at all and will last you double the time.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'm wondering how often should I feed the beneficial microbes in my soil.
I've wondered about it, too. I'm still somewhere in the middle of the learning curve on this one.

My understanding is that the microbes live in symbiosis with the plant, which means the microbes feed the plant and the plant feeds the microbes. So, adding sugar would give them extra food to expand their numbers (i.e., bloom), but they also would depend on that sugar, not the plant, creating an artificial soil environment and more nutrition for the plant if the roots can access it. Initially, while the plant is in early vegetation, that probably would be a benefit. Once the microbes and the plant are growing vigorously, I'm not sure the added sugars would be as useful. Later, however, toward the end of the flowering stage, which is typically when nutrients are being depleted, added sugar would sustain the microbes as the plant is less able to do so and provide it with more energy to finish. I've been told that adding sugar late in flower is absurd, though, but it makes sense to me.

Top Bottom