How often do you water

• Thread starter Money420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Money420

I'm using organic soil. I water the plant once yesterday and in a 5 gallon bucket. It once a day or once a day. Also it has been in the soil for 2 weeks and 1 day this one has been in dirt 2 weeks

How often do you water
How often do you water 2
Rudolf

Rudolf

I water once every few days, and I water thoroughly. When I used a smaller pot I regularly weighed it.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You mean the seed was in soil for 2 weeks? Those plants look like they're a day or two above soil.

You are watering incorrectly. Water thoroughly, not just around the stem — the whole pot should be damp by the time you're done watering. Then water when the pot feels light and the soil is nearly dry. With plants that size, it could be 5 days to a week before they need water again.

Cannabis roots need plenty of oxygen as well as water. If you water every day or every couple of days, the roots will have problems and can die.

See this post: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/

M

Money420

You mean the seed was in soil for 2 weeks? Those plants look like they're a day or two above soil.

You are watering incorrectly. Water thoroughly, not just around the stem — the whole pot should be damp by the time you're done watering. Then water when the pot feels light and the soil is nearly dry. With plants that size, it could be 5 days to a week before they need water again.

Cannabis roots need plenty of oxygen as well as water. If you water every day or every couple of days, the roots will have problems and can die.

See this post: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/
This plant has been in soil for about 2 weeks and 1 days long

M

Money420

See this post: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/w...-size-shape-and-environment-affect-it.126852/ and this one a couple days

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If it's been above soil like that for 2 weeks, something is very wrong. The second one looks like it just emerged from the soil no later than yesterday.

Low temperatures?

M

Money420

The second picture has just come up about 2 or 3 days ago. The first one has been in the ground for 2 weeks and 2 days

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

This question has a million answers. How often do I water? As often as the plant needs and no more or less. And that will change with every grower because we ALL have different variables.

NorthernOrganics

NorthernOrganics

You want to start your seed in a smaller container first. Ideally you want to water the whole container until completely damp, and then wait for it to dry all the way out so it's light and airy, and then water until completely damp, then dry... Don't try to water on a schedule, it will lead to overwatering. Seedlings in big pots are hard to water because they can't take up all the water in a completely damp large pot, and of you don't water the whole pot, the roots won't venture into whole pot. I would scoop those seedlings out and put them in well draining cups, let them dry out and read up on watering practices.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Ya when you water you should get the whole pot wet. Not just a target in the middle like that one pic. Wet the whole thing. then let the whole thing dry out some. Every other day or so. maybe every 3 days.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

I like to test and see which ones are gonna be the complainers.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

One other thing. In my experience seedlings come up tougher if you plant them right in the dirt like seeds. The paper towel thing is how people get leggy little complainers.

The root gets started and then if you wait an extra day or 2 it starts sinking those little side hairs into the paper towel like thats gonna be it's home. And then you rip the roots from the paper towel and they feel stuck like velcro a little bit. Nobody talks about it but thats a good way to shock your plants right from the get go.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

You want to start your seed in a smaller container first. Ideally you want to water the whole container until completely damp, and then wait for it to dry all the way out so it's light and airy, and then water until completely damp, then dry... Don't try to water on a schedule, it will lead to overwatering. Seedlings in big pots are hard to water because they can't take up all the water in a completely damp large pot, and of you don't water the whole pot, the roots won't venture into whole pot. I would scoop those seedlings out and put them in well draining cups, let them dry out and read up on watering practices.
Agreed đź‘Ť Best suggestion so far

freezeland2

freezeland2

One other thing. In my experience seedlings come up tougher if you plant them right in the dirt like seeds. The paper towel thing is how people get leggy little complainers.

The root gets started and then if you wait an extra day or 2 it starts sinking those little side hairs into the paper towel like thats gonna be it's home. And then you rip the roots from the paper towel and they feel stuck like velcro a little bit. Nobody talks about it but thats a good way to shock your plants right from the get go.
I always germ right in the cup out of the gate. If it grows it grows, if not drop another bean.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
I pick up my planters, I know it’s not the best way but when the container feels like it did when when I first planted before I watered I give it a thorough watering I’m in 5 gallon fabric posts, I also do the 2 knuckle deep test, all bad ways to know if it’s time for watering but seems to work for me so far, almost picked up a floor scale today but I diddnt like it so I passed. My smallest plant at 2 weeks (today )
As well as my largest plant at 2 weeks (today as well)

I normally only need to water every 3-4 days about 1/3 to 1/2 gallon of water each time per planter

I also kept a clear cup over mine until they were about 5 days old from sprout at least to keep the humidity up

C37971BC 9818 4D5E 9378 F84B8242EA0A
20EF3DA8 20DF 4159 949D F48D70303FEB
Top Bottom