How often should I be adding nutrients during flower?

• Thread starter Legalizeiteverywhere
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

Legalizeiteverywhere

This may have been answered somewhere before most likely but I couldn’t find a thread for the exact topic. I’m in week 2 today and am feeding foxfarm big bloom and tiger bloom. Should I be adding nutes to every watering during flowering or like every other watering? Also I’m doing 4 tbsp of the big bloom per gallon and 2 tsp per gallon of the tiger. That seem okay? Everything seems good so far but figured id ask that last part since I was already here. 😎. Lights are off right now but I’ll take a pic to share tomorrow when they “wake up”

L

Legalizeiteverywhere

I grow in soil. I use the top four of these nutes. I go full strength, probably too hard. Hope this helps
See the schedule is what trips me up too because it only has big bloom there and doesn’t have the tiger bloom to show how much of that I should be using. :/

L

Legalizeiteverywhere

So I should be giving nutrients every watering then during flower according to the schedule and aside from the last couple weeks for a flush?

L

Legalizeiteverywhere

My bad. I got ahead of myself.

I’m a new grower.

In order to get the best help let folks know
Medium
Light/ and schedule
Nutrients

Lots of good help here 👍
Fair enough lol. Let’s see:

Light: 4ft quantum badboy 6 bulb t-5 with 4 bulbs running because plants were getting too much light early on. 12/12 due to flowering.

Soil: Straight up Mother Earth soil. Next run I will be using light warrior for seedlings/clones and ocean forest mixed with perlite.

Nutrients: fox farm 3 part grow big, big bloom and gh cal-mag during veg. Using big bloom and tiger bloom currently.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Should I be adding nutes to every watering during flowering or like every other watering?
So I should be giving nutrients every watering then during flower according to the schedule and aside from the last couple weeks for a flush?
Follow the schedule, which is by the week. So, sometimes nutrients are added to the water and sometimes not. Just add them once per week.

I’m doing 4 tbsp of the big bloom per gallon and 2 tsp per gallon of the tiger. That seem okay?
Why not follow the chart?

I understand that in medical school, student doctors are taught to treat the patient, not the chart. That's true for growing plants, too. The most important consideration is how well the plants are doing. So, if they aren't doing well, figure out what they need (diagnose) and then give it to them (remedy).

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Hey boss, I grow in FF Happy Frog and Ocean Forest no additional perlite added.

I use FF Grow, Bloom and Tiger bloom and follow the feeding schedule at half dose nutrients.

I usually do not have to start adding nutes until I am about to flip to flower which is about 30-45 days in Veg give or take.

When I transplant to my 3 gallon pots mixed of 50/50 Fox farm HF and OF with half cup of Diatomaceous earth to treat it, this will have enough nutrients to carry me into flowering.

I use RO, so every watering gets Calmag. I usually get 2 waterings in a week with my airflow. First watering I will start feeding half dosage based off their feeding charts except for calmag, I give full strength. Second watering is RO+calmag only. The only time I pH balance is when I am mixing my nutrient solutions. All other solo waterings do not get pH adjusted.

Hope this helps

Edit, I noticed your feeding schedule looks diff than mine. This is what mine looks like and what I follow.

451FBE1E 484E 4BC4 964A 370E06BE3913
A

alpha.ganjaguy

Edit, I noticed your feeding schedule looks diff than mine. This is what mine looks like and what I follow.
that is the Cultivation Nation 3-Part Soil Feeding Schedule, the one in post #3 is their Soil Feeding Schedule.. They have several others depending on which of their nute lines you are running. In any case with fox farms it's usually suggested to start feeding at 50% the listed rate as they are known to burn plants at the listed rates and never follow the instructions on the bottles..

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
that is the Cultivation Nation 3-Part Soil Feeding Schedule, the one in post #3 is their Soil Feeding Schedule.. They have several others depending on which of their nute lines you are running. In any case with fox farms it's usually suggested to start feeding at 50% the listed rate as they are known to burn plants at the listed rates and never follow the instructions on the bottles..

Thanks for clearing that up

L

Legalizeiteverywhere

Sorry guys. Busy day. Here’s the pictures I promised. Mind you it’s the beginning of week 2.

IMG 8881
IMG 8882
IMG 8883
IMG 8884
L

Legalizeiteverywhere

Follow the schedule, which is by the week. So, sometimes nutrients are added to the water and sometimes not. Just add them once per week.

Why not follow the chart?

I understand that in medical school, student doctors are taught to treat the patient, not the chart. That's true for growing plants, too. The most important consideration is how well the plants are doing. So, if they aren't doing well, figure out what they need (diagnose) and then give it to them (remedy).
I just added photos. They are doing well. I was just asking about the nutrients because the chart doesn’t show anything for the tiger bloom. I’ll follow it more closely for the next feeding. I was going off of a YouTube video I saw.

A

alpha.ganjaguy

I just added photos. They are doing well. I was just asking about the nutrients because the chart doesn’t show anything for the tiger bloom. I’ll follow it more closely for the next feeding. I was going off of a YouTube video I saw.
Week 5 on the feeding chart is week 1 flower, most people suggest going 50% what ff says as they are known to be strong and can burn your plants.

A
J

jbo420

Newbie. I have a 2 month old Afghan Big Bud in the yard doing quite nicely with plenty of veg weeks to go (natures light control). Pic attached.

But when I do start to see signs of flowering as daily light cycle shortens, what is the recommended brand/s for higher P/K and of course lowww N? Thanks!

IMG 3065
ILGMTransplant

ILGMTransplant

I like GH flora nova bloom. I rotate flora bloom, water, and compost tea.

ILGMTransplant

ILGMTransplant

Sorry just realized that was from last year. My bad. Hope it came out good!

S

SamSquatch

This may have been answered somewhere before most likely but I couldn’t find a thread for the exact topic. I’m in week 2 today and am feeding foxfarm big bloom and tiger bloom. Should I be adding nutes to every watering during flowering or like every other watering? Also I’m doing 4 tbsp of the big bloom per gallon and 2 tsp per gallon of the tiger. That seem okay? Everything seems good so far but figured id ask that last part since I was already here. 😎. Lights are off right now but I’ll take a pic to share tomorrow when they “wake up”
Every plant is different. Some take more nutes than others , watch the leaf tips, if they turn brown back off on the nutes
I feed once a week, sometimes I have to water between feedings

DR.PNW

DR.PNW

Simply put; follow the instructions on the bottle.
But further more, follow what your plants are asking for.
Watch your plants carefully and check your run-off regularly.
Do not feed every feeding. Since you are in soil, every second feeding is plenty.
Again; check your run-off for reference.
The use of half the recommended doses is a common method for controlled feeding.
But, for a third time, keeping track of your run-off will tell you everything you need about if you are over feeding or underfeeding.
Check ya run-off for pH and PPM.

Top Bottom