How often should you feed your plants in soil?

• Thread starter DAGAR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DAGAR

DAGAR

I have been what I consider a light feeder when it comes to bottled nutrients. I grow in soil that is mixed and layered to accommodate the different stages of plant growth. I feed bottle nutrients once a week but water with supplements like FishSh!t as needed between feeds. My ladies look good with a few recent exceptions. I have been on the fence to maybe change my feed strategy in the flower house. So the question is how frequently do you feed and how do you ladies like what you’re doing? If you have pictures let’s see them. Let’s make this fun!

DAGAR

DAGAR

Some pictures of a few nice flowers!
B31D4416 A7AF 45BF B2D3 8F1F63F1C252
98F2B3F2 17D0 434E A3F6 F8ED2ABFB5EE
C23973CD DB8D 4AA8 AF68 EE16875EBB76
C77C4DC3 EDD0 4920 88F0 39C7903D89D6
DE75FF4B CAC3 4095 9A52 77FABF048F0E
1217B173 2F18 434C B6DC 617BC3985645
C8D6A79E 661C 47F0 9194 2EF5AC331E69
64124F20 584C 407E AE10 90A8D4AD9693

euphoria526

euphoria526

im in soil also, happy frog, ive been feeding 5-7 days apart, on the high end of my nutes and mine seem happy. im using roots organic terp tea grow (7-1-1) and feeding 1 tablespoon per gallon brewed overnight and ph'd 6.4-6.6. I also do recharge once a week also, and silicone (0-0-4) every 2 weeks give or take when I notice them growing. mine seem to be happy enough. I typically water every other day or two days

DAGAR

DAGAR

im in soil also, happy frog, ive been feeding 5-7 days apart, on the high end of my nutes and mine seem happy. im using roots organic terp tea grow (7-1-1) and feeding 1 tablespoon per gallon brewed overnight and ph'd 6.4-6.6. I also do recharge once a week also, and silicone (0-0-4) every 2 weeks give or take when I notice them growing. mine seem to be happy enough. I typically water every other day or two days
Very nice! I love using a bag to bag mix of happy frog and ocean forest. I have recently started up potting into strawberry fields. I also use RECHARGE scratched into the top soil and watered in.

euphoria526

euphoria526

Very nice! I love using a bag to bag mix of happy frog and ocean forest. I have recently started up potting into strawberry fields. I also use RECHARGE scratched into the top soil and watered in.
nice, ive never thought of applying recharge that way! ive just been mixing it in my ph'd water. how do you like that strawberry fields? ive seen it, but not sure what the difference is. this had been my first run with happy frog, and so far im liking it.

DAGAR

DAGAR

nice, ive never thought of applying recharge that way! ive just been mixing it in my ph'd water. how do you like that strawberry fields? ive seen it, but not sure what the difference is. this had been my first run with happy frog, and so far im liking it.
Strawberry fields is basically ocean forest for flowering lol. What nutrients are you using?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Look at the tips of the leaves. There is a slight amount of nute burn, meaning you're adding just slightly beyond what the plant needs. That's OK, just don't increase it.

Generally, when you've got organic nutes in your soil, they'll last 4-6 weeks. I add after that, or if there is some deficiency symptom showing up.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

My grow: promix hp no amendments, 5 gal fabric pots, general hydroponics flora trio plus calmag.
There's 3 things i look for in my grow to get an idea of when they need a drink.
1. I check my hydrometer often to make an average of my rh/temp before and after feedings. My rh stays in 60% to 70% range around 72 to 74 degrees after feeding. When my rh drops to the 50s % I know they are getting close to being dry. Usually I have a day or two at most after that.

2. Feel the trunk of the plant a few inches above the soil. If it feels kinda cool to the touch then it's still drinking fluids. If it feels room temp or you're unable to tell difference in trunk temp then it's close to needing a drink. At this point I have 1 day at most before they're too dry.

3. Feel the weight of the pot. If it feels light like close to what it felt like when u added the soil to the pot when you started ther plant, she's about ready for a drink. Got about a day at that point.

Sometimes if I'm in a rush I'll even stick my finger in the soil about an inch or so to feel if it's still moist or dry. This is more to see how dry the top layer of soil is atleast. Usually top of soil is gonna be the driest but if you can feel moisture an inch down it's probly good for a couple days usually for me.

This is just from my experience and techniques.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

As far as my actual nutrient regimen, I haven't given this run plain water since I started them from clones and seeds, they're day 34 of flower now. I've been able to run higher than the recommended dosage per feeding compared to the basic GH drain to waste feed chart.

HarryHood

HarryHood

my first grow and i'm in about 75%-25% FFOF and Happy Frog. like euphoria256 i'm using the terp tea regimen as well and they just had their first feeding of the microbe charge and grow at 4 weeks. they're in 5 gallon fabric pots and i've been watering about 6 days apart. they're growing pretty well so i'm assuming the frequency will have to be bumped up soon.
also, they're auto's so i'll have to adjust the feeding schedule that roots recommends as their feeding chart is based on photo's. started off giving pH'd tap water, but stopped as i've been told that the soil and the microbes in there will buffer it to where it needs to be. i do however aerate my water for 24 hrs to get chlorine, etc. out of it

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

Blast the shit outta them!!! My outdoor flower feed is every third water a super water(SST, Compost tea, Terp Tea, Alflafa kelp tea) alternating with a top dressing every 7-10 days of terp tea with my own added nutes usually from DTE. Like in early flower and mid flower i like to use crab meal for the chitien. No top dressing for the last twenty days using a lil bit of salts that will dissipate quickly.

DankNugz420

DankNugz420

Yea its been around 6 to 7 days between for mine since flower. Before I flipped they were needing a drink every 5 days in veg. 10% run off every time

Solomon_Denali

Solomon_Denali

I have been what I consider a light feeder when it comes to bottled nutrients. I grow in soil that is mixed and layered to accommodate the different stages of plant growth. I feed bottle nutrients once a week but water with supplements like FishSh!t as needed between feeds. My ladies look good with a few recent exceptions. I have been on the fence to maybe change my feed strategy in the flower house. So the question is how frequently do you feed and how do you ladies like what you’re doing? If you have pictures let’s see them. Let’s make this fun!
Care to share a little bit more info on your soil layering ? I have read quite a bit about this but haven not seen it applied to a real grow scenario. Thanks,

Latest posts

Top Bottom