How often should you use humic/fulvic acid(+seaweed extract)?

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Hey guys so I ended up buying a humic/fulvic acid +seaweed extract 5:2 mix to add to my feedings however as you will see on the image below the product doesn't come with great instructions.

I'm already giving my plants roots organic Buddha grow and Buddha bloom so I don't want to over do it.

Does anyone else use this product or something similar that could give me an idea of how often I should be using it?
Should I 1/2 the recommended dose since it has seaweed extract and I'm already giving them nutes?

Thank you for your time.

How often should you use humicfulvic acidseaweed extract
A

alpha.ganjaguy

The instructions look pretty straight forward to me, if you are in

soil you mix 1 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons

if you are hydro it's 1/4 - 1/2 tsp per gallon

to foliar 1/4 tsp per gallon

for tea it's 1tsp per 5 gallon

socks4free

socks4free

The instructions look pretty straight forward to me, if you are in

soil you mix 1 1/2 tsp per 5 gallons

if you are hydro it's 1/4 - 1/2 tsp per gallon

to foliar 1/4 tsp per gallon

for tea it's 1tsp per 5 gallon
No I understand what it says on the instructions about how much to use. What I'm confused about is the frequency that I should be using it.

should I be doing it every watering? Every feeding? Once a week?

And also since I'm already using other nutrients and this contains more nutes would you guys suggest I reduce the amount used instead of using the recommended amount? If so by how much should I reduce it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
It is all potassium. So I guess it would depend on how much potassium your other fertilizers contain. If not much, would probably work some in. If they have a decent amount, maybe not even mess with it. Just my two cents.

socks4free

socks4free

It is all potassium. So I guess it would depend on how much potassium your other fertilizers contain. If not much, would probably work some in. If they have a decent amount, maybe not even mess with it.
I thought seaweed had some micros on top of the potassium? Maybe I'm just remembering that wrong.

I bought this for the humic/ and more specifically fulvic Acids but I actually noticed some of what I think was minor potassium deficiency shortly after my autos went into flower so that was part of the reason I went with the + seaweed instead of just the acids by themselves.

I guess I'll just go very lightly with it tho and use maybe every other feeding. Was just hoping someone had used this type of product and would know what the suggested frequency for it would be.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah, it probably has some other things. But the other fertilizers probably have them too. I think you are right to go light on them for a while. I think you are growing outdoors. Usually it takes forever to see any results. I don’t think you can hurt anything as long as you go light. Are you flowering yet?

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
My experience with some of this stuff is, in years past I’ve tried adding seaweed extract. It was potent. Like a teaspoon per 5 gallons. Never saw any difference. Same with a few other additive. Sometimes they just take too long to break down and be of any of Benefit. I got tired of spending the dough on them. Other than N from what I’ve read plants don’t need a lot of the other stuff. So I mostly rely on what I mixed in the soil during the off-season to get me through to the finish line. But I keep my eyes on the nitrogen.

quirk

quirk

I employ a different brand that suggests foliar application every 1-2 weeks during fruiting and blooming. I use it religiously on my out door cannabis and tomatoes. Never have used it for indoor grows.

Humic and Fulvic
Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I have this unnatural aversion to spraying anything on my pot plants other than water, unless it is absolutely necessary. But that is my hangup! I know it can be beneficial!

socks4free

socks4free

My experience with some of this stuff is, in years past I’ve tried adding seaweed extract. It was potent. Like a teaspoon per 5 gallons. Never saw any difference. Same with a few other additive. Sometimes they just take too long to break down and be of any of Benefit. I got tired of spending the dough on them. Other than N from what I’ve read plants don’t need a lot of the other stuff. So I mostly rely on what I mixed in the soil during the off-season to get me through to the finish line. But I keep my eyes on the nitrogen.
Yes I'm growing outdoors, I started them Indoors this year.I plan on vegging some clones off 4 of my current plans through winter to have.sone mother plants ready for next season.

I guess even if the stuff takes long to have any affect on the soil I will still benefit from it in the long run as I have been leaving my old soil in my gardening area and just digging new holes in the same spot dumping any old soil around the area as well and adding new soil to the hole.

I eventually plan on not even adding new soil and just letting the microbes and companion plants keep the soil good to go plus feeding with organic fertilizers if there is any nutrients issues. Almost like a no till method.

socks4free

socks4free

I employ a different brand that suggests foliar application every 1-2 weeks during fruiting and blooming. I use it religiously on my out door cannabis and tomatoes. Never have used it for indoor grows.
Thank you! I will probably try the 1-2 weeks and.see how things go adjusting from there unless someone else with more experience using it how I will be says otherwise.

socks4free

socks4free

Yeah, it probably has some other things. But the other fertilizers probably have them too. I think you are right to go light on them for a while. I think you are growing outdoors. Usually it takes forever to see any results. I don’t think you can hurt anything as long as you go light. Are you flowering yet?
About half of my plants are in flower and the other half will be any day if they aren't already starting it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Go for it! And making your own soil is almost as much fun as growing the damn pot!😄 I wouldn’t and couldn’t do it any other way.

socks4free

socks4free

Go for it! And making your own soil is almost as much fun as growing the damn pot!😄 I wouldn’t and couldn’t do it any other way.
The first season I grew i used a mix of 1/3rd promix HP 1/3rd sohum,1/3rd perlite. Then the next year I ended up getting wholesale pricing on 18 bags of sohum so I used about half of those that year and the other half the next year finishing all but maybe half a bag.

since I wanted to spend money on some equipment for my grows instead of buying a bunch of expensive soil I bought a bale of promix BX and a bunch of perlite costing me lie 80$ total and mixed that with the compost I had started making the first year I started growing. I had a.pretty decent mound of compost at that point and mixing it 40% promix, 40% compost, 20% perlite I ended up having a ton of compost left over after going through all my promix and most of the perlite so I'll just add the leftovers with my fresh compost in the spring and do the exact same thing

My compost was made from food scraps, wood ash straight from our wood stove, saw dust, rotten wood, crushed chicken bones, crushed seashells, trimmings from my plants, out of date protein powder, and so much more. So this spring I went out with a hand sifter and sifted out any large pieces of uncompleted stuff and threw all the compost on a tarp so I could mix it together real good so there wasn't any hot spots and the consistency would be fairly consistent throughout.

I'm hoping next year will be the last time I need to buy promix at least for awhile.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I don’t know if you grow in fabric pots or not. But once you accumulate about 300 gallons of soil that you re-amend during the winter. You can fill about eight 40 gallon pots. I am just a big believer in growing in pots. Makes it a lot easier to take care of the root zone. Diagnose problems. Whatever. I think you’re headed in the right direction, brother! You got a lot of seasons ahead of you. All my soil has been accumulated over the last three or four years. 0F re-amended every winter. And the good old bulk perlite! Lol.

socks4free

socks4free

I don’t know if you grow in fabric pots or not. But once you accumulate about 300 gallons of soil that you re-amend during the winter. You can fill about eight 40 gallon pots. I am just a big believer in growing in pots. Makes it a lot easier to take care of the root zone. Diagnose problems. Whatever. I think you’re headed in the right direction, brother! You got a lot of seasons ahead of you. All my soil has been accumulated over the last three or four years. 0F re-amended every winter. And the good old bulk perlite! Lol.
I start in fabric pots but when they they are gonna be too big for a 7 gallon Pot I put them in the ground

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Thank you! I will probably try the 1-2 weeks and.see how things go adjusting from there unless someone else with more experience using it how I will be says otherwise.
On the Lucky13 Blogs the professor mentions every 2 weeks for the Fulvic/Humic combo ( https://www.lucky13seeds.com/post/professor-sprout-s-black-gold-bud-booster ). Kelp4less carries Wallace brand which is what I'm using. My wife has started using it for house plants too and is very happy with the results.

socks4free

socks4free

Wuddup_B

Wuddup_B

I do a foliar 2x a week, 1x a week for clone and seedlings. The babies sometimes get all twisty if I spray 2x.

Top Bottom