How often to add H2O2 in RDWC?

• Thread starter forknowledge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
forknowledge

forknowledge

So Ive just built my own RDWC system & Id like to use H2O2 (17.5% grade) Im just wondering how often should I introduce it to the system & at what dosage?

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I would use zone by Dutchmasters. It will last a lot longer in your rez. The h2o2 is not going to last you that long.
BG

R

rebelmachine

IMO....I would only use H2O2 in hydroponic mediums along with synthetic nutrients only. H2O2 may destroy all organic nutrient matter and beneficial bacteria, which is why it is used to keep the hydro res. clean.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
like budgoggles I recommend zone too

F

FreshSteppin

.......ill say the same zone is great..... but so is h202. Which gives the plants a boost of oxygen as well as killin any nasties.

It breaks down within 24 hrs.

I would say once a week if you use zone and with 17.5% you could get close to 2ml/gal

I use 35% and do 1ml/gal per week as well as 1ml/gal of zone

C

CannaCure

Hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) is a powerful oxidation agent. It will oxidize all organic matter, whether it be pathogens, old pieces of root system, algae, or young plant roots. The chemical cannot tell the difference between a dead root system and one that is alive. What actually happens in a hydroponic nutrient solution is that a certain amount of organic matter will always be present, including spores, vegetative material, old roots, pathogens, algae, bacteria, fungi, etc. When we dose in H2O2, is first reacts with the organic matter it makes contact with--whatever is floating round in small pieces in the nutrient. As the H2O2 reacts with this organic matter in the nutrient, it become deactivated and can no longer attack organic matter. If the H2O2 has been heavily dosed in, it will react with organic matter in the nutrient. Then, when all of this has been oxidized, the leftover H2O2 has the potential to damage the root systems it comes into contact with.

C

CannaCure

Older root systems have a more resistant, tougher outer layer than young seedlings and are usually not damaged unless H2O2 has been dosed in at very high levels. Lettuce is one of the most sensitive plants to H2O2 damage, particularly in the seedling stage. Rates as low as 10 parts per million (ppm) have been found to damage lettuce seedling root systems under some conditions. This "damage" wasn't enough to change the appearance of the root system, it simply reduced plant growth--sometimes by as much as 40 percent--without the grower even knowing there was a problem (this was on trials run in NFT systems).

So, what actually happens is that if you dose in H2O2 into a very clean nutrient--one that has very little organic matter for the H2O2 to work on--it will attack the plant roots and could cause damage. If you have a nutrient solution that has a high organic load (perhaps a nutrient that has been in use longer), the same dose of H2O2 gets deactivated cleaning up the nutrient and the plant roots aren't affected.

The problem is that it's difficult to decide how much of an organic load is in a particular nutrient. Therefore, it's difficult to know what level of H2O2 is safe to use. If your dose of H2O2 consistently works in your nutrient, without any reduction in growth or yield, then you have the dose calculated right. However, I would suggest that if you replace the nutrient with a fresh batch, that you lower the dose of H2O2 to prevent any possibility of damage to seedlings.

O

Original Grower

35 % @ 1.6ml/litre every 2-3 days or double that with 17.5, og

here some nft and dwc with this dose. i prfer h202 above anything else. thicker stalks, tougher leaves, craziest root growth too, plus the disinfection factor, and cheap as hell

2007 2008 medman grow journal 263
2007 2008 medman grow journal 373
2007 2008 medman grow journal 497
2007 2008 medman grow journal 486
R

rollinthc

How does this calc out for a 40 gal rez at 3% store bought stuff of H2O2?

Also, what diff is the Zone brand compared to H2O2?

I am about 4 weeks into flower on my ebbflow, added about 200 ml of H2O2 @ 3% into the rez. Hope that will be ok in my case...:doh

O

Original Grower

i would try to avoid that 3% stuff. it has additives and is expensive compared to buying a 20 liter jug of 35% stuff. good for cuts but hard on plants and pocket books lol, peace, og

Top Bottom