How Often To Feed Plants In Coco?

• Thread starter dan1989
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
dan1989

dan1989

So based on some new information I learned yesterday... How often can/do I feed? Using 11 litre pots (not sure how much in gallons). They are in the 4th week of flower. I know now that you need to always keep coco moist, and it has excellent aeration properties. Currently feeding every watering, every 3 days (as I do know you need to feed with EVERY watering on coco except before the final flush before harvest. Any help is great thanks :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Feed every watering, don't give them plain water. You can approach it basically two different ways--feed hard and flush the buildup out, or alternate feeding hard and soft. That's what I prefer to do, so that my 'soft' feed acts almost as a flush. I never give a pure flush, even before harvest. I taper off using molasses as the final 'feed.'

dan1989

dan1989

Feed every watering, don't give them plain water. You can approach it basically two different ways--feed hard and flush the buildup out, or alternate feeding hard and soft. That's what I prefer to do, so that my 'soft' feed acts almost as a flush. I never give a pure flush, even before harvest. I taper off using molasses as the final 'feed.'

So are we talking a full strength feed and then say half strength the next? Wisher619 and EventHorizan taught me some important stuff yesterday so really unlocked a lot of questions :D I really appreciate everyone's advice!

dan1989

dan1989

This is great stuff, so now it begs the question how often can I water? Currently every three days. Now I've learned coco always needs to be moist, so I can no longer do the finger dip test like with soil...a weight test perhaps?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So are we talking a full strength feed and then say half strength the next? Wisher619 and EventHorizan taught me some important stuff yesterday so really unlocked a lot of questions :D I really appreciate everyone's advice!
In a manner of thinking, yes. I go MUCH lower than that, my 'full strength' feeds are probably 1/8th of what many others will use. Because I am CHEAP.
This is great stuff, so now it begs the question how often can I water? Currently every three days. Now I've learned coco always needs to be moist, so I can no longer do the finger dip test like with soil...a weight test perhaps?
If you're using salt-based fertilizers (stuff that'll build up in the media) then you don't want to let it dry out pretty much EVER. If you're using organics you may be able to push this a little harder. I start with a schedule and as the plants grow, I always need to increase frequency. Because I'm a bit lazy, I like to deal with things every two days or so, but like I said, when they get really big I usually have to increase frequency.

As long as the roots aren't sitting in water, in my experience, there's not a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom