How old are you and when did you start farming?

• Thread starter 0MEGA
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

0MEGA

I was just curious to see how old most the farmers here are and how long have you guys been farming,
i want to see how diverse the age groups are.

I myself am pretty young Im 19 going on 20 this year, i started my first indoor when i was 16 in a closet 75watts miracle gro:giggle
moved outdoors doing guerilla and came back indoors last year got a pretty nice set up going now 1200(x2 600) watts now in a 4x4 setting up a scrog as we speak.

M

Malachi

16 was my first guerilla grow. I have been farming for about 15 years, but the last 8 I have gotten a bit serious, LOL.

sky high

sky high

wow you "boiz" are makin' me feel OLD.....

Not that I'd give up all the "smokin' and trippin' is all that you'll do..." tag from the 70's...

51 here. Been growing in continuous mode for 20+ years. (aka, haven't BOUGHT pot in 20+ years) Before that I had a few attempts OD...1973 (mexibagseed)....1980 (Afghani)...that were somewhat (personal stash level) successful...

"I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now..."

ah....the fog!

s h

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
man, i dont have that much time compared to some of you guys....started at 17 and im 26 now.....9 years aint shit compared to 20 LOL.....sky high keeping it real forever it looks like! u are the movement homie

Cannastyle

Cannastyle

Started out around 20 growing chronic bagseed in the woods.....Now...I'm 25 and moving up to 4000 watts...LOL

sky high

sky high

LOL, skunk. Lotsa folks been at it much longer than I have....

I'm sure a few other guys can relate to the "old" days of growing...pre-Internet...when all ya had were pics in high times and an Ed rosenthal/Mel frank book to go by. What's funny is to go back and look at some of those old volumes/editions.... Ed and mel were wingin' it too...LOL.

the only good thing about not havin the Net was that nobody knew all the STUPID things you did to your plants. Pfffft!

s h

C

CAPO

15 with a 150w in my bedroom wardrobe. Ended up chopping early cause it was dry as hell, but it was way killer! Now I'm staring at 40....shit, that hurts to see in words.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
LOL, skunk. Lotsa folks been at it much longer than I have....

I'm sure a few other guys can relate to the "old" days of growing...pre-Internet...when all ya had were pics in high times and an Ed rosenthal/Mel frank book to go by. What's funny is to go back and look at some of those old volumes/editions.... Ed and mel were wingin' it too...LOL.

the only good thing about not havin the Net was that nobody knew all the STUPID things you did to your plants. Pfffft!

s h

yeah my pops is 65 and he tells me all about how i dont know skunk buds the stuff used to reek out a block and blah blah blah lol....i love to hear the stores but i still look at him after we burn some OG or chem i grow and say i know the shit back in the day wasnt this strong... he always laughs and says yeah, but our gold weed was really gold man....funny old dude :) ....ur generation and his were the movement though, and our generation would like to thank you guys for paving the way

R

Radio_Dread

well compared to most of you i am a newbie. im in my late 20's and am going on my 3rd year. so im still learning. finally got my grow room the way i want it and it never gets warmer than 80 and never colder than 70 at night

0MEGA

I do have to thank alot of the older guys though, you guys have made it alot easier for us through your trial and error for us to look at.

0MEGA

man, i dont have that much time compared to some of you guys....started at 17 and im 26 now.....9 years aint shit compared to 20 LOL.....sky high keeping it real forever it looks like! u are the movement homie
I dont got shit on that either 3-4 years seems like a while to me, and im just starting to learn more, and still got a lifetime of learning to do, hope to one day know the plant like the back of my hand like alot of the guys on here.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
40 now, off and on for the last 25 years and the last 5-6 full time..

M

Malachi

I dont got shit on that either 3-4 years seems like a while to me, and im just starting to learn more, and still got a lifetime of learning to do, hope to one day know the plant like the back of my hand like alot of the guys on here.

The cool thing about these plants is they will never stop teaching us things. There are so many strains and phenotypes that it would be impossible to master them all in a single life span.

winta

winta

cool thread omega i was wondering the same thing lol ill be 29 this year and i started growing 2years ago (:mad0229:f'in new guy lol) i had a 2 bulb 2ft t5 for veg 600 watts hps for flower using foxfarm nutes and soil with some ghsc gear lol burned the shit out of 2 out of 5 of my first plants pushin too hard but i started listening to my girls and studyin now things are comin along nicely! i cant wait to learn more im something like "grow geek" :anim_44:lol i always wanna know how this does that so i can treat my girls right!

sky high

sky high

OK...now for some laffs on me.... ;-)

I had a room full of floro "shop lights' on my first 2 indoor grows. Man was it hot in there..... Bagseed...called it "the vine pot' cus it never stopped stretchin for all of that WIMPY-ASS light. Was OK weed...just never yielded much. I DID however cop enough off one harvest to buy a 1000hps....and that started my 20+ years of indoor growing............

In the early 70's as a teen me/a few friends cleared a plot off in missouri and planted about 30 seedlings from mexi brick weed seed. We had NO CLUE about 12/12 or how to make bud....or even that plants HAD BUDS. Everything we got at the time was almost all shake and stems/seeds. We finally cut the weed down...and yup....like noobs we just crammed it all in a bag and stuck it under a big stack of concrete blocks...thinking that "bricking" it was what made it potent. Sure enough it turned BLACK.....which we thought was just too cool @ the time. HARSH as shit...but damn if it din't just waste our asses but good. After a couple of bowls the fight was on as to WHO would keep the stash....and I remember that was the first time I realized that everyone was gonna clammor/get stingey over weed....

grew some Afghani in my yard @ my first house in '80. I remember the old man next door comin out and askin me WHAT it was.... and I thought about tellin him it was something else....but I told him it was pot and he said "I thought so. my grandpa grew hemp...."

Later in the Summer I found him watering it LOL!

ah....memories....

s h

C

CAPO

LMFAO.....thanks for sharin Sky!

If anybody questions the 70's tell em, "you just had to be there".

S

strainman

Premium Member
Supporter
at 13 my mother bought me a 430 w HPS for my birthday and its been a wrap ever since..
10 years later I'm still growing strong!

Latest posts

Top Bottom