How Prevent Fungus Gnats And Spider Mites ?

• Thread starter ChuiSoto
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

ChuiSoto

So I had fungus gnats and spider mites last grow and I'm wondering how can I prevent them before even getting them like something to stop them from coming or killing them once they go in ?

firstcitizen

firstcitizen

First Citizen
Supporter
You can use need oil to spray them this will kill all of them.
Neem oil is organic and none toxyck for human. You can even use it in flower .

You can put lear from Dolominite over the soil and kill the spider mites. But Dolomite can change your ph. (do not use too much) and in dolomomite have magnesium .(it is good for magnesium deficient )

If you not over water and allowed top layer of soil to dry you will not have problems with fungus gnats.
If you make drought/dry your soil/pot for few days you can fix the problem with fungus gnats without to use anything .

To Prevent spider mites you need to have good hygiene in the garden/growbox. Not to bring new flowers or even to bring them you need to decontaminate before to put them in the garden/growbox .

Many time i buy fresh flowers in a pot from gardening shop and they was with spider mites and infect every other my plant. For that i start to decontaminate every plant that i bring from outside from my garden.

You can use ladybugs or other predators to proteckt your garnden.
Use nature to your advantage.

S

slap14

For fungus gnats gnatrol works great. Takes about two weeks to kick in and no more gnats. As far as mites good fucking luck eliminating those bastards. If I get mites everything gets cloned dipped and the whole garden gets torn down and tossed. I don't even try and fight them on large plants. It's a never win with anything other than things I would never spray on my plants.

These are just my opinion and what has worked for me through trial and error, a lot of fucking error.

Good luck

Slap

m8ty

m8ty

Lots of the time the bugs come in the soil bags that you buy at the store, like eggs in the pieces of tree bark, etc.

This is why I started to grow in a perlite/vermiculite 3:1 ratio in hemppy buckets, absolutely no bugs come pre-loaded in the perlite or vermiculite bags

Latest posts

Top Bottom