How quick is to quick (drying)

• Thread starter Kosfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kosfarms

Kosfarms

I been drying for 7 days tomorrow I know the usual time is 9 to 14 day should I wait 2 more day?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
how you drying? the whole plant hung up,
just branches, or buds?
you must of heard of the “snap” test?,
how dry is it to the touch? how does it react when you squeeze/pinch a bud? kinda like a marshmallow, maybe a touch drier?
are you putting in jars next?

Kosfarms

Kosfarms

It’s snaps and whole plant and seems dry but let’s see tomorrow

Madmax

Madmax

Your the only one that can tell bro..go by feel..do what you think is right.ive dried in 7-8days 20 deg 60-62 humidity..just back yourself 👍

Kosfarms

Kosfarms

Facts you right I’m at 50 to 60 humidity 60 to 70 degrees I’m going to trim them today or tomorrow will update

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Facts you right I’m at 50 to 60 humidity 60 to 70 degrees I’m going to trim them today or tomorrow will update
sounds good,
lower humidity to 50-55,
today trim off big leaves, easy to get at ones.
tomorrow cut off branches, trim up buds and remove for curing.. once curing will you be able to check them every few hours for a day or two?
in case there was still lots of moisture left.
hopefully you have been drying in the dark, light and heat destroy thc..

Fluro

Fluro

sounds good,
lower humidity to 50-55,
today trim off big leaves, easy to get at ones.
tomorrow cut off branches, trim up buds and remove for curing.. once curing will you be able to check them every few hours for a day or two?
in case there was still lots of moisture left.
hopefully you have been drying in the dark, light and heat destroy thc..
Hi,
I've had my little outside grown 4 footers hanging in my room in the dark with two big fans just circulating the air (I can feel the air swishing around me across the room (no T-Shirt on) so the air circulation is pretty good. For nearly three days, what's a sort of ball park figure for time drying? If I pick my buds a little greener than they should be, but I burp them every two hours, would that be okay? How green is too green? Quite a bit of outside leaf, I could cut that off but it's a big job. rather just snip the buds off later individually as I don't want the cabbage. Would that affect the drying process much?

20210328 125809
20210328 190356
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
well do you have control over temp and humidity? that’s important for smell
and taste.. if not and you just want it dry to smoke than those just by looking need another 5-7 days.. yes to burping, you’ll know shortly after as there would be condensation on the inside of the jar, also what you look for!
trimming drying curing is a lot of work that needs to be done when it’s time, taking shortcuts you’ll waste so much, your cabbage could be used for oil, edibles.. etc

Billymgb

Billymgb

Picking the buds early and burping more will not work. If I have learned anything since I started growing is The drying and cure means the most if you want the best taste and effect. I hope the best for you brother good luck.

Madbud

Madbud

Hi,
I've had my little outside grown 4 footers hanging in my room in the dark with two big fans just circulating the air (I can feel the air swishing around me across the room (no T-Shirt on) so the air circulation is pretty good. For nearly three days, what's a sort of ball park figure for time drying? If I pick my buds a little greener than they should be, but I burp them every two hours, would that be okay? How green is too green? Quite a bit of outside leaf, I could cut that off but it's a big job. rather just snip the buds off later individually as I don't want the cabbage. Would that affect the drying process much?
Not worried about caterpillars falling into your bed?

Fluro

Fluro

Not worried about caterpillars falling into your bed?
No, I sleep with my mouth closed. 😁😁 Falling into my bed, I'd start feeling sorry for the caterpillar if I were you🙂🙂 I had a sheet over the top of the duvet and only found two.

Top Bottom