How quickly is co2 used up in a grow room?

• Thread starter StealthLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StealthLED

StealthLED

How quick is atmosphere co2 used up in a room when plants are in full flower and led lights on full power?

My room is 10.5ftx7ft I use one 10"fan with a carbon filter but I only run at 25% just to take any smell away I don't use it for cooling or humidity control because I've got a AC and dehumidifier.

I've estimated that running at 25% all the air in the room is replaced every 15 minutes, is this enough? I did buy one of them cheap co2 meters off ebay it seems to read outside co2 levels correctly around 400ppm but in the room it reads around 700ppm but if I turn the fan off it can go up to 900ppm so not sure what it's picking up lol

How quickly is co2 used up in a grow room
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The standard i have always read is exchange all air in room every 5 minutes at a minimum

Otherwise need supplemental co2.

StealthLED

StealthLED

If that's the case I might be doing it wrong then 😂 I did wonder why my buds wasn't very big for 4 weeks... I did read its best to replace air every 4 mins but from what I read it sounded like this was just to keep the room cooler because of the heat from the lights...

This is only my 2nd run using a AC so guess I'm still learning what's best, the first didn't go well because I had a light leak that I didn't realise until 5 weeks into flower so it was too late the plants was never going to recover from that and maybe a lack of co2 could of made matters worse... 🤷🏻‍♂️

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If that's the case I might be doing it wrong then 😂 I did wonder why my buds wasn't very big for 4 weeks... I did read its best to replace air every 4 mins but from what I read it sounded like this was just to keep the room cooler because of the heat from the lights...

This is only my 2nd run using a AC so guess I'm still learning what's best, the first didn't go well because I had a light leak that I didn't realise until 5 weeks into flower so it was too late the plants was never going to recover from that and maybe a lack of co2 could of made matters worse... 🤷🏻‍♂️

We all keep reading and practicing. Try try again...

Top Bottom