How Reliable Are Cannabinoid Analysis?

• Thread starter mynameisbob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mynameisbob

So basically this question started when I bought some 34% THC Gorilla Glue #4 from the dispensary and it really wasn't all that. And then I bought some 16%. Not only was it way more crystally,the high was also much stronger. So my question is,are these numbers even reliable?

R

rascali

You see, you're asking the wrong question - it's not wether the results are reliable (they're not), it's are they relevant at all… read up on the entourage effect and find out what drives real potency in better weed.

M

mynameisbob

I already know about the synergy between THC and CBD. Really my question was just how reliable the numbers are. I remember when these 100 or 1000mg THC bars that were being sold ended up only having less than a fraction of what was listed on the packaging and it was kinda big news. Just makes me wonder to what extent this really goes.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Right now there seems to be no uniform set of policies and protocols for cannabis testing. I personally feel that this leaves everything up in the air, and so, no, my answer is that they are not all that reliable at this point in time. I think who does the testing matters, but I can't say that, for example, SCLabs is the best, most reliable over someone else.

M

mynameisbob

This makes alot of sense! I kinda had figured there would be no set of protocols for this,but I really think they're should be.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I agree, there needs to be a base set of standards, etc. Otherwise we get strains that claim high THC% that don't get ya high, and then misinformation abounds. It adds to the bro-science base, unfortunately.

Top Bottom