How soon can i blast after picking?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Gonna make some oil from my crop. How soon after i pick can i blast away in a dish? Does it need to be fully dried or cured?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Just don't grind anything fresh and you'll be fine... Keeping it frozen locks up the water/remaining moister and anything water soluble.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
For me i always liked to run the trim after i dried it for 2 days via a fan quick easy.. yeild was low around 10-12% but the flavor was kaboooooom! awesome!

overripe

overripe

i recently did my first butane extraction. i ran about half my entire crop (4/9 plants) of Sweet Tooth and Blue Cheese, freshly harvested and frozen immediately after processing.
Chop buds, trim, freeze (fresh & wet) then blast when good and frozen.
i broke the flowers into .5"-1" sized pieces after freezing so the resin doesn't adhere to my gloves, then loaded up my extraction chamber and froze again using a cooling bath. i soaked three ounces at a time for three hours each at around -40* C/F and pulled nearly 54 grams from about 9 ounces of freshly harvested and frozen material.

i'm probably at least slightly biased now :smug: but i MUCH prefer live resin. i did choose this method for a reason after all; anyone with a sense of taste/smell can easily tell the difference between live resin versus dried/cured extracts.

Last edited:
K

KushNDabs

i recently did my first butane extraction. i ran about half my entire crop (4/9 plants) of Sweet Tooth and Blue Cheese, freshly harvested and frozen immediately after processing.
i broke the flowers into .5"-1" sized pieces after freezing so the resin doesn't adhere to my gloves, then loaded up my extraction chamber and froze again using a cooling bath. i soaked three ounces at a time for three hours each at around -40* C/F and pulled nearly 54 grams from about 9 ounces of freshly harvested and frozen material.

i'm probably at least slightly biased now :smug: but i MUCH prefer live resin. i did choose this method for a reason after all; anyone with a sense of taste/smell can easily tell the difference between live resin versus dried/cured extracts.

54 grams after de-waxing??
do you think doing the fresh and freeze way gives higher yields than if you cure the bud first I am really interested in tasting and smelling the difference eventually!

overripe

overripe

54 grams after de-waxing??
do you think doing the fresh and freeze way gives higher yields than if you cure the bud first I am really interested in tasting and smelling the difference eventually!
well, no. i did my extraction at -40* so i don't think i dissolved much wax in the first place. the product had great clarity and vaporized very clean. besides, it's for recreational use so i'm happy with my extract without dewaxing for now.

C

Chance Last

Oh, so I'm not the only one who uses it as a foliar spray? The stuff rocks at increasing potency!
For real? Never heard of using butane as a foliar? During flowering the whole duration or what? Now I'm interested. Thanks for new info

C

Chance Last

Haha...Yeah man! I KNEW THAT!! :-\ Man ,honestly with all the new shit over last ten years that has come about... Wouldn't surprise me a bit though..Damn, I'm an idiot! Appreciate that but don't worry i didnt go blasting my shit or anything but was trying to figure out in my head how freezing the shit helps...lmao

Lmao..i think he was being sarcastic bud haha..i hope anyways..releasing a highly flammable gas in a confined space does not sound to

north knect

north knect

Haha...Yeah man! I KNEW THAT!! :-\ Man ,honestly with all the new shit over last ten years that has come about... Wouldn't surprise me a bit though..Damn, I'm an idiot! Appreciate that but don't worry i didnt go blasting my shit or anything but was trying to figure out in my head how freezing the shit helps...lmao
From what i understand is that the colder everything thing is, the butane will stay in its liquid form, if everything is warm the butane turns into a gas form and evaporates before it carries the oils out of ur product, im sure there a more detail explanation but shit is 7am and i ain't haven't made it off the toilet yet lmao

Latest posts

Top Bottom